School and Aquatic Training

3:39 PM – Mali-U Campus

On a Friday afternoon at the Mali-U campus, the five spies were walking around the campus with exhausted looks on their faces. Sam, Clover, Alex, Britney, and Mat were heading back to the lounge area to relax for a change, following a major lack of rest time due to missions and other responsibilities around Mali-U.

"Ugh," Alex groaned. "I need some serious recharging A-S-A-NOW!"

"Totally!" Clover exclaimed. "We should REALLY pressure Jerry into an extended vacation from WOOHP after the week we've all had!"

"Well, some of us haven't had half the loads this week," Sam deduced. "But, yeah, agreed. I'm SOOO in need of the weekend for nothing but relaxation."

"We HAVE had back-to-back missions," Britney recapped.

"Five in total going back to Monday," Mat added. "And I had two online assignments due by the end of yesterday – both submitted two hours before the closing time, thank goodness."

"And I had two shifts at the Mali-U Café – one on Monday, and the other on Tuesday," Alex told the group.

"Same," said Clover. "My shifts were Wednesday and Thursday, too – closing."

"Plus I had an advanced physics exam myself," Sam added. "Hopefully I can salvage a good grade despite the lack of study time."

"Hey, Sammy, if that were me under those circumstances, I'd be happy with a 70 as a score," Mat quipped.

"That's you, Mat," Sam replied. "Because you have lower standards for satisfaction than I do; I'm pretty confident I'll end up with an 80 or 90 though."

"Hey, I have to find some way to relieve the pressure, eh?" Mat retorted. "And let me be the first to say that I won't doubt your prediction, babe. And if you still pull off a perfect 100, I'll buy you lunch myself."

Sam oohed at that. "You're on, hon!"

"You're doubting Sam now, Mat?" Clover asked with a sneer. "Wow... never thought I'd see that happen."

"No way, Clover," Mat answered. "I haven't doubted you girls even once on the missions after all."

"Anyway, should we wrap up the school week down on the beach?" Alex suggested.

"Save that for Saturday, Alex," Clover answered. "After back-to-back missions in scorching temperatures, my hair is totally due for some shade!"

"I'm in the same boat as Mat though," Britney stated. "Besides the back-to-back missions he mentioned, I've had assignments due myself every day this week."

"Lucky thing we're all not in athletics," Mat remarked. "Otherwise, we'd be close to dropping dead from exhaustion."

"You can say that again," Alex stated, rolling her eyes.

"I say we just go back to the penthouse for the rest of today," Sam replied. "And maybe go down to the Mali-U Beach over the weekend as Clover suggested."

"Sounds like a plan, Sammy," Alex remarked.

"We'll come, too," said Mat and Britney.

4:21 PM – Spies' Penthouse

The five friends set their packs down and plopped on the couch while Clover put on the TV.

"Hey, girls, I got a bit of news to share," Mat stated. "I'll be going back home next weekend."

That especially got Sam's attention. Mat immediately noticed this.

"You're heading home?" Alex asked.