2.2

After all these years, I thought that he would never show his face ever again, but I guess I was wrong, here he was sitting right in our kitchen.
"Hey mama" she looked as if she had seen a ghost.
" hey baby" she spoke up.

"what is he doing here?" I asked.
"He wanted to see you and your brother, come and take a seat"

"I'm fine where I am, it's been 7 years. Why all of a sudden does he want to come back around and act as if things are all great but in reality they aren't".

"KEHAULANI!, he is still your father". Is she really taking up for him right now?

"I'm just giving him back what he put out, 7 years I was sitting there waiting for my dad, but he was nowhere to be found, all these years I was mad at her, but it isn't her fault that you left, I'm fine the way I am, I don't need you so I don't see the need as to why I have to listen to anything you have to say".

He just looked at me "you know..." I paused, I started to feel the tears, I guess my mom noticed, because she got up from the table, but I waved her off.

"You know, it would have been nice to know that I atleast had a father figure, but that didn't even cut it, I was 9!!, I was 9 years old when I saw you walk out that door, I wasn't thinking anything about it, because I thought you would come back, but I was left to see that you wouldn't return, I found ways to cope with it, and now that I see you it reminds me of all the hurt and pain that I had to go through all those years".

I laughed sarcastically "Well too late for that, I'm better without you, so you can see your way out" my mom yelled at me.

" stop it Kehaulani!!".

"no its fine, she's right, I was in the wrong, and for once I'm trying to make it right, and that's by gaining a relationship with my kids again, I know it's gonna take some time, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes".

"I understand your hurt, and I deserved everything you said,but if you're willing to forgive me, I would really appreciate it". He looked at me with sincere eyes. I thought about what he said
"it's not that easy, but we can take baby steps".

He smiled "thank you"
"no problem". I reached for the bag on the table "here you go mama, I got you something on the way in, enjoy i'm going to my room".
"ok, thank you, I made lasagna, when you're hungry it's in the oven".

"Your welcome, I'll be back later". I went into Justin's room and laid down his things on his bed, then I went into my room. I closed my door and changed into something a little more comfortable, I put on a pair of shorts and a blue hoodie.

I jumped on my bed and turned on the t.v., once I was finally into the show my phone started to ring. I didn't look at the caller I.D.
~hello~
~so how did it go? I want all the details~
It was Sarayah
~you always wanna call me when you wanna be nosy~
~ that's a lie~
~whatever, he just walked me to my car, and all we did was talk~
~ so your telling me you didn't get his number?~ I rolled my eyes
~nope, why should I~
~ yall are gonna be so cute together~
~ not gonna let it happen~
~your saying that now, but just wait~
~you stay in other people's business~
~because sometimes I just wanna know~ she laughed loudly, I pulled the phone away from my ear.
~Saray, you are to loud in my ear, it's seriously not that funny~
~Kay why do you have to be a hater~
~Sarayah, please tell me what I have to hate on~
~ me and Brycen if u don't find a date to the dance~ I laughed
~now that's funny, I am not worried about no dance~
~why not?~
~ I don't see a use in going, I rather stay at home, and catch up on some episodes I previously missed~
~ooo you irk my nerves, why do you have to be so lame~
~I'm not lame~
~then what do you call it?~
~whatever I gotta go, I'll talk to you tomorrow~
~mhm, but you're still going to that dance~ she said before she hung up.