Chapter 2 - A Snap Back Into Reality

~ I lay tired from sobbing for the past 10 minutes when I heard a voice come from behind me. “Do you ever stop crying, because if you carry on I’m going to have no choice but to drug you again” I couldn’t match a face to voice when his phone lit up it revealed the person.

It was Alex. ~

I woke with the light stinging my eyes, the curtains drawn allowing the sun to beam through the window. I looked down to see my body strapped to a chair. In an empty room Austin stood opposite me observing me slowly and curiously. His cold eyes scanned over me bringing out my insecurities. “Mike she’s awake…” he groaned grinding his teeth together. He deliberately bent down over me tightening the rope around my wrists. His shirt lifted as he leant over revealing a gun secretly tucked into the back of his pants. “Looking tired there princess” he grinned making my stomach turn when Mike flew into the room.

“Glad to see things are moving quickly! Daddy now knows his pressures little girl is in danger, thanks to Austin’s performance last night!” Mike beamed high fiving Austin. The silence fell quickly in the room as everyone stood looking at me. A phone began to ring as a grin set on Mikes lips, he rapidly answered still staring me up and down. “You finally decided to call, did you get what I asked you for?” he paused awaiting an answer, when the smirk fell from his lips forming a thin line. “What do you mean no! Wasn’t our threat with your daughter clear enough?” Mike screeched down the phone waving his hand at Austin.

My eyes shot over to Austin as he came close not a single emotion readable on his face. I closed my eyes unable to see what was about to happen, as I felt a sharp pain pierce through my other thigh. I winced out in pain forcing my lips shut, trying to show them it wasn’t as painful as they hoped. My eyes finally flickered open to see a phone held near to me. “DAD… DAD HELP ME!” I pleaded hoping he’d figured how to get me out. Mike threw the phone to the floor his eyes full of evil, his hand raised hitting me across the cheek. Everyone flew out the room leaving me behind blood streaming from my wound.

I sat crying for what felt like an hour, after crying out what all tears I had in me I inhaled deeply. Come on Kira woman up… stop crying it’s not going to make any difference. I need to hide my weaknesses, not let these awful people get to me. I sighed heavily sitting up straight… this is it a new me I thought me myself.

“Are you hungry?” I raspy voice came from behind me, I turned around matching it to Alex’s face. My stomach rumbled making me realise I hadn’t eaten in over 24 hours. I nodded as he stood up untying my wrists pulling me up off the chair. Dark circles were physically visible under his eyes, telling me he hadn’t gotten much sleep.

Alex dragged me out of the room into a dark corridor, my lack of sight made me stumble over a few times. My lack of balance seemed to frustrate Alex, as I overheard him groan under his breath numerous times. We finally reached the kitchen, as Alex picked me up placing me onto the surface. “Is this okay?” he asked his mind clearly somewhere else. I nodded as he emptied the food placing it into the oven to heat up. I looked up about to break the tension when his phone began to ring, his gloomy face suddenly lit up once he looked at the caller ID. Who could make his mood change so drastically in seconds?

“Amber hey!” he beamed nervously rubbing his neck leaving the room. He returned around 10 minutes later making me question what had taken so long. “Why was Amber calling you?” I asked concerned, helping myself to a snack id found in the cupboard. “Well someone’s noisy aren’t they? If you have to know, I asked her out on a date at lunch today” he replied happy with himself smiling silly at his phone. “You like her don’t you?” I teased as he giggled slipping his phone into his pocket. “No more questions missy!” he pocked my arm making me chuckle. “Well if it wasn’t for all this then I’d approve” I smirked pocking him back.