Chapter 2

The army has devised a plan to use the existence of the people who have ESP abilities called espers, as a weapon to win wars. It is where it all started.

Individuals who suddenly gained psychic powers were captured and forced to undergo training as a soldier, for the sole purpose of a country getting the upper hand. The army formed the Special Esper Force to fight in the frontlines, which includes already trained soldiers before they suddenly gained ESP abilities. Arthur was one of them and was tasked to command a special team comprised of high-level espers.

“Captain,” Roger said while brushing his slick black hair in front of a mirror. “Why do we need to train those kids?”

“Because the other esper squads were busy training themselves. Unlike us that were already high-level espers,” Arthur said to Roger, “and please stop calling me Captain. I’m no longer a Captain.”

“Where’s Sky?”

“Already training the children.”

“What a show-off,” Roger said then pouted his lips.

Arthur laughed at Roger’s irritated face and then quickly messed the hair that Roger put his effort into brushing straight and neat for almost thirty minutes.

“This is much better,” Arthur said while looking at Roger’s messy hair. “Besides, girls prefer bad boy look.”

Roger's dark black eyes suddenly brightened up after hearing what Arthur has said, only to be shattered right away also by Arthur himself.

“Just joking.” Arthur laughed again while holding his stomach. He wiped the tears of joy from his eyes because, for him, nothing beats the joy of teasing Roger. Roger always gives the best reaction compared to the other members of their team.

“Captain! Captain! Captain!” Roger said repeatedly trying to get back at Arthur. He knew that it really annoys Arthur so much.

“Stop that or I’ll tell the anonymous girl that you like her.”

“Wait, don’t tell Lea!”

“So I am right, it really was Lea!” Arthur grinned.

“Commander, stop teasing him so much.” Sky arrived drenched in sweat while shirtless. Beads of sweat provokingly trickled down his ripped and perfectly toned muscular body. There were a lot of scars carved all over his body, which makes him manlier than the rest of their squad.

“Look at him, it’s like his soul already left his body,” Sky added while pointing to Roger who’s barely standing.

Arthur grinned while looking at Sky’s body. “Did you train the children while being shirtless like that?”

Sky immediately looses his cool composure, blushing like crazy. “O-Of course not!”

Arthur just kept grinning at Sky while thinking, “hitting two birds in one day sure was fun.”

Sky saw Arthur’s almost sinister grin while looking at him so he quickly goes inside the shower room to hide his utter embarrassment.

“We will wait for you outside, we will train the children now!” Arthur said to Sky from outside of the shower room.

“Okay.”

After Sky finished taking a shower, he goes out in the training area to watch over Arthur and Roger’s way of teaching. His expectation was immediately shattered when he saw the children running wild all over the place, while the two men were trying to catch the children. Sky just let out a deep sigh and shook his head at the sight he was seeing.