League of shadows

*beep beep beep beep*
"UHGGGGGGG"
I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. It was time for work. I rolled out of my bed and laid on the floor for a good five minutes. I had gotten back to the mansion at around one thirty and fell asleep at two. I looked back at my clock....I had an thirty minutes to get to work. I pushed myself up and made my way to the kitchen.

"Why are you already awake Alfred?"

"I knew you had to be up and I just wanted to make sure you had breakfast to start your day."

"Thanks Al." I gave him a hug and took the steaming plate from his hands.

After I was dressed and had eaten I made my way out the door and headed to the asylum.
___________________________

By the time I reached the asylum it was 5:45 I was a little late, but I knew no one would know. I walked into the dim lit building towards the front office for my ID badge. I was met yet again with Jonathan Crane, who in my opinion looked a little under the weather.

"Good morning Jonathan, how are you today?"

He looked over at me acknowledging my presence with a smile.
"I'm fine Ashley, how are you?"

"Doing great...you look a little pale though are you sure everything is okay?"

"Yes just a rough night, I'm sure you understand." At that he closed his locker and walked away.

"Just trying to be polite." I muttered to myself.

I walked to my office and turned on the light. I got situated and started on the massive pile of patient files on my desk.  I picked up my file noticing a new patient.

'Carmine Falcone'
"What the..." I opened his file to see that his observing doctor was Jonathan Crane. From what I read it sounded like he had the symptoms of a schizophrenic. I knew Bruce told me this man was the largest mob leader who established the Falcone crime family...he couldn't be crazy all of the sudden, he had no history of any mental illness as a child nor did his family. Something was off so I decided I was going to visit Falcone.

___________________________
I opened the door to Jonathan's office I was making a request to see one of his patients who had been admitted as of last night.

"Yes Miss Pennyworth?" He looked up at me over his glasses, his blue eyes piercing my own.

"Oh, yes I have a request of you." He shifted in his seat leaning back to get a better look a me.

"Which would be?"

"I found a new file laying on my desk, one of your new patients Carmine Falcone and I was wondering if I could have my own session with him?"

He took his glasses off

"Why would you need a session with my patient?"

"Well I looked at his file and noticed that he has no record of any mental illness in his family or when he was young, doesn't that seem a little strange to you?"

"No, some of these people just lose he might have been on the edge for a while. He just needed a little push.... but if you insist." He stood up and walked me towards the door.

"Just prepare yourself."

We walked down the hallway in silence, I could feel cranes gaze on me traveling up my body.

"Here we are...." he brought his keys out and opened the door for me following behind.

"I would prefer to be alone." He sighed

"Of course." He closed the door behind leaving me with the biggest crime lord in Gotham.

"Hello Mr. Falcone, my name is Ashely Pennyworth. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind."

The session was pointless. Falcone rocked back and forth in his straight jacket said something about scarecrow. He did answer some of my questions with yes or no answers. Something was wrong the way he was acting was not normal for someone who was perfectly fine. I made sure to write down my observations and Scarecrow.

"As you can see Doctor he's not faking it, not that one"

I turned around.

"It just doesn't make sense, how could someone with no history of mental illness could just turn into a psychopath? The only thing he said to me was Scarecrow.....what does that mean."  He stopped and took off his glasses and looked at me.

"Fear can take many faces Ashley. Falcone's might have been a childhood fear brought back up....." Crane was making me uncomfortable but I needed to know why Falcone was acting this way.

"Well thank you for allowing me to view your patient. If you don't mind I would like to sit in on some of your sessions with him....just to evaluate."

"Yes of course. Would you mind following me?"

"Where?"

"Oh, I would like you to see something." He put his hand on my lower back pushing me along with him. We reached the end of the hallway where Crane opened an elevator. The doors slowly opened and inside there already was a man. I looked behind me to find Jonathan only to see he had vanished.

"Ashley....right on time. Please, step inside." I felt the need to obey this man even though I didn't know him. I stepped inside and the doors closed.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you?"

"I am known by many different names but you may call me Ra's Al Ghul." he turned to me and smiled.

"But how do you know who I am?"

"Oh my dear I have been watching you, and I know your secrets.....I am also acquainted with Mr. Bruce Wayne, who I assume you know."

"Yes, but why are you here?"

"I have come to save the worthy people of Gotham. I have deemed you and Mr. Wayne worthy, although Bruce and I had our falling outs I came to forgive him."

"What do you mean....the worthy people of Gotham?"

"In time you will understand. But for now this is all I can give you." he pulled out something from his front pocket....it was a blue flower. He then proceeded to attach it to my shirt.

"If someone stands in the way of true justice Ashley you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart." at that moment my bright world became dark.

** HEY I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!!! AS YOU CAN SEE THE CHAPTERS ARE GETTING LONGER! I HOPE YOU LIKE THE REVISIONS TO THE STORY AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE VOTE AND COMMENT BELOW IF YOU LIKED THIS! LOVE YOU GUYS!**