Chapter Two: A Witch

It was late into the summer now, Rose was packing her suitcase once more, this time, she was going to get ready for a new school. She had been accepted into an all girls school, and was going to pack ahead of time. 

"Rose! Come down please." Rose bounced down the stairs, wearing the dress Petunia had given her. She was amazed upon realizing that the dress changed into the very green she loved, and wore it every time she could. As she finished her trip she saw her mother and father smiling at her proudly, "Look at our Lovely Rose." Rose turned pink as she smiled at her father, just as they were going to watch the drama her mother wanted to see, a knock sounded on the door. Her mom began to whine playfully, "Always when I want to watch something!" Rose laughed as she listened to her mom speak in the other language as she ran to the door. Suddenly Rose stopped once she opened the door, there was a tall stern woman with glasses that reminded her much of a cat she had seen before, "A...Appa?" Her father stood up and saw the strange woman as his daughter moved away from the door, "Hello, how can I help you?" The woman nodded as she asked, "I'm Professor McGonagal, I was wondering if I may come in?" Her mother stood as they invited her in and began to make tea, "Please take off your shoes when you enter." The woman did so and shut the door, she wore strange robes, making Mr. Park think to the day eleven years ago. 

"May I ask why you're here?" She nodded as she looked towards Rose who had poured the tea, "Ms. Park?" Rose nodded before she was given a letter. 

To: Ms. Rose Eunji Park
3 Privet Drive
The second bedroom upstairs

Rose looked at the letter in surprise, it had her bedroom as her parents looked towards the woman, "What is this about?" Rose looked at the red wax seal, it had a strange crest with four animals. She opened the letter as she read aloud, "Dear Ms. Park, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." McGonagal had a small smile as she began to speak to the whole confused family, "You see, I am from Hogwarts, Deputy Headmistress." Rose's father did not buy it at all before McGonagal took out a stick and made his tea cup into a fuzzy ferret and back again. Rose began to giggle before she looked towards the lady, "How am I a witch? Mum and Dad aren't." McGonagal seemed to clear her throat, "You see, you are called Muggle born, Muggle is what we call non magical people. Sorry." Her mother looked shocked, "That's why the dress changed sweetie." Rose looked shocked before she smiled beautifully, "I'm a witch!" Her father smiled as he hugged her before speaking with McGonagall privately. She hummed to herself as she began to read the supply list. 

First-year students will require:

Uniform
Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)
One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear
One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)
One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

Books
The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment
•1 Wand
•1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
•1 set of glass or crystal phials
•1 telescope
•1 set of brass scales
Students may also bring an Owl, a Cat or a Toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.