Chapter Three, Chat With Master Yoda

Veronica awakes to someone banging on her room door. "I'm coming," she says. A second later, the door opens and there Master Yoda stands. "Master Yoda," she says. "Hello, Padawan. Wake you, did I?" "No, Master. I was already awake." She yawns and offers Master Yoda to come into her room.

"What's this about, Master Yoda?" she asks as she sits down cross-legged on her bed while Yoda sits on a cushion.

"Been seeing things while you're training, have you?" he asks. Veronica nods and takes a deep breath. "I have been seeing my family. My mom mostly. Other images are blurred together. They don't make sense and that confuses me." Yoda is silent for a few moments before saying "A way your past is coming back to you, it is. Meditating would help, hmm?" Veronica would say yes, but she dislikes meditating. She has a hard time sitting still for so long but so does her master, Anakin Skywalker. She and he have tried to meditate together, but after a few minutes, they both lose focus and end up laughing.

"Actually, I was thinking about going to the gardens and meditating there. I have noticed I enjoy being outside more than inside. Would you like to join me?" Master Yoda shakes his head and mentions he has to go train younglings. He walks away, leaving Veronica with her own thoughts.

Veronica leaves her room and makes her way towards the gardens. As she walks, she reflects on her visions. She thinks she's seeing her mother because she misses her, or it's something else.

When she reaches the gardens, she sits down cross-legged in front of them and relaxes. She reaches out with the Force, searching for answers. Why do I keep seeing my mom? What do all the other voices mean? All of the sounds from the gardens fade away and it's quiet. No birds chirping, no people talking, nothing. She takes a deep breath and does her best to quiet her mind.

Meanwhile, her master is trying to find her. He spots Obi-Wan coming his way. "Obi-Wan! Have you seen Veronica? She's not in her room or the cafeteria." "Have you checked the gardens? She likes to go there when she's thinking about something." Anakin thanks him and leaves to go find his Padawan.

As soon as he finds her, she is deep in meditation. He can sense it, she's calm and her thoughts have calmed down. He sits quietly next to her and reaches out with the Force. He hears her mom's voice. "Veronica, you have to be careful. Things are not what they seem. Be on your guard and trust your instincts." Veronica's face goes from relaxed to confused and Anakin can sense it. He moves over and puts one of his hands on one of her shoulders. Her face then changes from confused to relaxed again.

Once Anakin and Veronica have finished meditating, they both hug each other. "That was intense. I have never meditated like that before. But now we know what's troubling you besides seeing your mother. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine." The step back from each other and they walk back to the Jedi Temple together.