The Tavern

Tissaia opened the heavy doors leading into a very worn-down tavern. The women had pointed her in this direction, and for their sakes, she hoped they hadn't led her astray. Yennefer better be here...

"Yennefer? Are you here?" Tried Tissaia, there was no response.

"Piglet!" She hissed. "You would do well to respond, It's been a rather tiresome day..."

"You don't need to yell, I'm here," Yennefer replied, sounding unconcerned with the arrival of her former teacher. Almost like she expected her to come.

"Where? Tell me this instant," replied Tissaia. Not getting a reply, she tried again. "I am not against tearing down every door until I find the one you are hiding behind." She hoped that it wouldn't come to that, she didn't need the locals talking about a crazy witch tearing down doors.

"Calm yourself, rectoress, I am upstairs in bed. I will not bother to come down, it is all too comfortable here. I would rather you not come up either, I am not proper at the moment. I would rather if you just left. There is no need for you here."

"I am coming upstairs, Yennefer," was Tissaia's reply, her voice hard and unyielding, ignoring Yennefer's wishes.

Once again, no response.

Tissaia was growing tired, not even five minutes spent near Yennefer and she already felt a headache coming on. She started making her way up the stairs of the tavern, the steps creaking as she stepped on them. Water was dripping on the floor, some poor maid was going to have to clean that up. She made it upstairs before realizing that she didn't know which room Yennefer was in, groaning to herself she briefly considered asking, but decided not to. Looking around, seeing only seven doors, she concluded that locating Yennefer wouldn't be too difficult. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before uttering a few words. One of the doors furthest away started glowing. That was it. Walking past all the other doors, briefly wondering what kind of people it held, she continued until reaching her destination.

She didn't bother to knock, she simply opened the door and walked in. There was no protection, no barrier of any sort, which was unusual, to say the least. It wasn't even locked, which baffled Tissaia.

Yennefer was laying in bed, her dirty dress not taking away from her beauty. Still, it made Tissaia eerie, it didn't take much to get out of a dress, which meant that Yennefer was exhausted, or worse; hurt.

"Why are you being this careless, Yennefer? There is no protection here, you didn't even bother to lock the door," asked Tissaia, her voice calm and controlled.

Yennefer looked over at her former mentor, she looked like shit. Her normally beautiful dress was soaking wet, traces of sand visible. Sand? She wondered. Where in god's name had she been? Did she take a trip to the beach and fall into the ocean? One could even argue that Tissaia looked even worse than Yennefer, her hair sticking out of her bun in all directions.

"Did you have a beach day? It's rather cold outside, don't you think? Still, what do I know, maybe that's how you uphold your cold demeanor and no-nonsense attitude?" Yennefer replied with a laugh.

"Also, I must say your voice sounds as lovely as ever, Tissaia. It's quite nice to hear it in person, not just in my head," she added. Yennefer changing the subject was nothing new, but Tissaia had no patience for it now.

"Just answer me, please." sighed Tissaia, shaking her head, choosing not to comment on Yennefer's change of subject.

"Fine. I am not feeling all that great. I seemed to somehow have managed to get pierced by a flying knife whilst teleporting, that might make you feel like shit, you know?" Yennefer answered, her voice laced with sarcasm.