Tempted Fate

Legacy

As I walked down the sidewalk to my favorite book store but really the one book store in town. I was going to turn in my latest book . I was thinking how much I missed Dalton. He had left a week ago with his family for their yearly vacation and this time it had felt like an eternity. I talked to him every night and I texted him almost all day but it was not the same as having his smiling face look at me and tell me those things. He would be back tonight and I could not wait to run into his arms and hold up and kiss him and touch him everywhere that had been missing my kiss and my touch while he was gone.

As I made it to the book store I had this strange feeling wash over me that I had only felt once in my life. It was the night that I turn 18 and I was laying on the grass with Dalton and we were talking about all the things that we had done that day to celebrate and how wonderful it was to be able to spend the day together. I was laying there I had this weird surge of energy that went through my body and my eyes burned. Dalton set up when he seen something was wrong and asked me if I was okay. I turned to look at him and tell him that I was okay and he had this shocked look on his face.

"What?" I asked as I was starting to get worried that i had grew warts out all over my body.

"Lace I have never seen your eyes so green. They are always beautiful but right now they are almost glowing green. " He said as he stared hard into my eyes as if he couldn't look away.

He kissed me with so much passion I almost come undone under the pressure. I moaned against his lips and it was like that set him on fire. He couldn't stop himself then. He picked me up and I wrap my legs around his waist and carried me inside the house and up to his room. His parents would be out the rest of the night so we wouldn't have to worry about them busting in.

As we made it to the room he slammed the door behind us with his foot , he never took his hands or lips off of me. He made it across the room to his bed and the placed down. I looked up at him panting trying to catch my breath. He push a small strand of hair out of my face and smiles at me.

"Are you sure you are okay with this?" He stated with a worried look in his bright green eyes.

" I have never wanted anything more in my life then I want you right now" I said.

As the words left my mouth he was pushing my flat on the bed. That was all he needed to hear to continue. He kisses my lips and makes a trail down my neck to the top of my chest and I let out a light moan. I can feel him smile against my skin. He raised my shirt and kissed and bite everywhere on my stomach until he made it to the top of my jeans. He looked up at me and "please" escaped my lips with a moan and he gave me a devilish grin and unbuttons my pants.

.

As I look around I catch my eyes in the window of the book store and I can see that my eyes are glowing green again. Like my eyes are their own light source.

I close my eyes and shake my head and then look at myself again to see they are still glowing and now they are even brighter. I start to panic looking around trying to see if anyone has noticed when I stop on the handsome man and this beautiful girl. I have never seen people so beautiful in my life. They were looking at me with a dangerous grin on their face. They look at each other and then look back at me and they get up and start heading my way.

I start to panic as they get even closer. I don't know what to do or say when they are standing in front of me. The handsome boy looks me up and down and his eyes light up .

" Hey are you okay?" He asks and I can feel my cheeks blush.

"Umm.. yeah I'm fine , what made you think I wasn't ?" I replied and I can feel my eyebrows lowering in a standoffish look.

"You just seemed frazzled when you were standing there so I wanted to make sure. My name is Onyx , What is yours?" He stated

"My name is Legacy but everyone calls me Lace." I replied with a small smile as I'm trying to fix my face from the mean mugging I just gave him.

"Lace it is then, Its very nice to meet you" He said as he looked back at the girl that accompanied him. "This is Jewel, she is my girlfriend, say Hey babe" He glances at her and she shoots him an angry look and then looks back at me.

"Hey , I'm Jewel. Nice to meet you." She said but I could tell the words tasted like dirt coming out of her mouth and I couldn't tell why.

"I couldn't help but notice your eyes earlier. Do they always look like that ?" He asked with a playful tone. I knew he had noticed when I saw him staring at me but I had hoped that he wouldn't say anything.

"Yeah... sometimes they just act crazy when I get a headache. I can't really control it. " I said as I looked down at the ground hoping he would move on from the question.

"You will soon enough." He said as he looked at me with his piercing blue eyes that felt like they stared straight into my soul.

"What ?" I huffed as I tried to break his gaze. He just gave me a sinful grin and walked away and I was left reeling from the statement . Not knowing what he meant or how to process it.