Prologue

First of all I'm not familiar with the Pokémon franchise aside from me watching bits and pieces with my brother

First of all I'm not familiar with the Pokémon franchise aside from me watching bits and pieces with my brother. I am doing this as a dare for a friend and we'll see how it goes, so if anything doesn't seem right please do not be afraid to correct me if something doesn't make sense.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ 

This book contains graphic content such as cussing, blood and gore as well as abuse to animals (Pokémon) Please do not read unless you are over the ages of 14

I adjusted my bag as I ran to cross the street, my skateboard safely tucked under my arm, trying to beat the cars that were coming at me at a light speed. As soon as my red sneakers hit the sidewalk, my run became a slow paced walk as I glance behind me, I rolled my eyes as I looked down at the creature walking by my side, eagerly following behind me through the bustling streets, a black furry creature with yellow tipped ears, the only words it knew, was its name. I don't know where my distaste for Pokémon began but what I do know is that  I don't like them, maybe it's was out of fear, or just because I didn't like them, whatever the reason was, I still found myself with this one in particular. It never left me, and I could never leave it, if I did, I would be breaking a promise, and as much as I loathed them, I hated breaking a promise even more.

The sun rose high above the tall skyscrapers and monsters of what people called buildings, people with different colored and typed Pokémon all flooded the streets. So much chatter, it was too early for anyone to be up this early, but here I was, I could tell it was unhappy to be up as well, but I only cared about me not it. "Hurry up." I said coldly, not even bothering to look at the creature beside my feet, I had a long stride and I needed to be at a certain place at a certain time, normally others would pick it up but as I said before, I don't like Pokémon.

Some say I'm crazy for not liking them, but I'm not, I've just never had a good thing with them, but yet here I was with one.

To sign up for a competition, with Andy's Pokémon. A sick and feeble man, whose last wishes were to see his Pokémon on TV, a man who I only knew as my friend, the only man I've ever liked, a man who died too early. I was here to fulfill his wishes, because he could never achieve his dreams, so I was going to do it for him. But only for Andy, as soon as I won, I would give his Pokémon away to someone who liked the horrible things. He had a huge collection of Pokémon that I now had in my possession, but his favorite one, was the one that was trying to keep up with me, I could get him to leave my side and it seemed I would be stuck with him forever, even after this competition.

"Hurry up," I said again as I barely even looked back at it, "we don't have all day. We have to get to the gym before it gets too full."

"Umbreon," It responded making me slow down my pace at the slightest.

"Don't you use that tone with me," I shot back as I role my eyes once more, this was going to be a long day.

Banner by: ImberLapis