Confrontation and Old Friends

"You should keep the Luxen hidden until they are able to be returned to Rossana," Essek said. Caleb snapped and the box disappeared in a vortex of silver arcane energy.

"I need advice as to how to deal with the Misrule and help with a spell I have been working on since you started teaching me dunamancy," Caleb said as he pulled out a stack of parchment about 11 centimeters thick each paper covered in runes and notes in Zemniain. Essek nodded and carefully grabbed the papers making sure not to smudge any ink.

Essek spoke, "I will help you but why do you need Yussa's help the old mage is not an expert in dunamancy like you or me."

Caleb pointed towards some celestial and draconic runes, and spoke, "I believe that celestial and draconic spells are his realm of experience, it is getting late, I should show you to your room and we can talk more later." Caleb set the papers on a shelf and cast an alarm spell. Essek stood up and started to walk towards the library's exit. Caleb quickly caught up to Essek and showed him to a nearby room decorated in purple and grey geometric patterns. Caleb returned to the library, and walked towards a banner of the Cobalt Soul.

The banner was a light blue with what most would say was a circle with three circles and a triangle within it in platinum. Caleb pushed the banner aside to reveal a cluster of runes. He pushed a teleportation rune. Caleb was enveloped by a light blue light. A few moments passed and no sign of Caleb being in the room existed except the scent of sulfur and phosphorus.

The Misrule ate and returned to one of their rooms for a meeting.

"I believe I should go and do some reconnaissance on Widogast to make sure he isn't hiding anything important," Beau said. As she stood from where she sat crossed legged on the grey floor of Yasha's room.

"Beau this is his home it is most likely littered with traps," Yasha protested as she gently grabbed Beauregard's wrist. Yasha's expression was one of worry and pleas for her to stay.

Beau looked hesitant to say what she did after seeing Yasha's Expression, "I am going and no one can stop me all else fails I say I got lost looking for Widogast and ended up finding the library." Beau walked at a brisk pace relying on her memory to guide her toward the library. She soon found herself standing alone in front of a large door covered in runes that was ajar as if someone had entered recently without thinking about closing the door. Beau carefully opened the door and walked into the library, trying hard not to disturb the silence within the cold dark room. The faint scent of sulfur and Phosphorus disrupted the smell of tomes and parchment.

Caleb looked up from his notes shot Beau a scowl from a chair near the fireplace a light glow emanated from the fireplace but the light disappeared just before the threshold of the door.

Caleb sighed then spoke his voice was calm, "What are you doing here Mrs. Lionett?" Beau started slowly walking towards Caleb thinking about how to reply.

"I wanted to study up on Dwindalian culture," Beau lied unconvincingly.

"I know you are lying to me," Caleb said as he stood and approached Beau. Caleb gestured for Beau to follow him to his desk.

"I know you are an expositor of the Cobalt Soul if I am to work with you, I want to tell you something before someone else does," Caleb said as he grabbed a key from the desk and walked to the banner of the Cobalt soul. He moved the banner out of the way to reveal the runes behind it.

"I know you don't trust me, but I want to build some trust, would you follow me for a little bit," Caleb touched the teleportation rune and disappeared in a spiral of blue light leaving Beau to make an important decision. Beau reluctantly touched the rune and followed Caleb. Caleb stood in a large chamber filled with doors each door labeled by words in Zemniain. Beau arrived seconds later looking as if she would throw up. Caleb knew this as the reaction of someone who had rarely or never teleported before.

"I am sorry I should have asked if you have ever teleported before," Caleb said as he bit back a laugh as Beau tried to appear threatening.

"Widogast where are we, and why is everything in Zemnian?" Beau questioned.

"We are in my personal pocket dimension, and Zemnian is my mother tongue." Caleb answered. Caleb walked over to a grey door with a silver label. As Caleb opened the door, he gestured for Beau to follow.

"Me and Essek made a deal and I would like your assistance in keeping my part of the deal safe," Caleb said as he walked into a room and cast dancing lights. Four golden orbs of light appeared and lit the room revealing a chest covered in faintly glowing runes.

Beau spoke with the faintest bit of confusion in her voice, "Why would you trust me, I have never done anything for you, and we only met a few hours ago?"

Caleb looked towards Beau and spoke with a smile on his face, "Remember the anonymous contact you have in the Cerberus Assembly that helped uncover Trent Icathon's plans, you have helped me with far more than I could ever repay you for."

Beau looked at Caleb in disbelief, "Wait you were the one that gave me top secret information on Icathon, you are the reason I was promoted to expositor, I don't know if I should thank you or punch you in the gut for not telling me who you were." Beau stood taller and started to walk towards the box within the room. Caleb unlocked the box with the key he had brought with him, and slowly opened the chest. Two dodecahedrons grey in coloration with silver handles laid in the chest they emanate an arcane aura that seemed to be dulled by the runes on the box.

"I do believe you have seen one of these before." Caleb said. Beau stood with an incredulous expression on her face.

"Where did you find these, and why are they not in Rosana?" Beau said her voice was a faint whisper despite the threatening tone.

When Caleb spoke his voice was quiet and faint, yet defensive,"I wasn't just inspiring horror stories and causing blights during the war, I was also doing things for my Lehrer, sorry you would him as Essek" Beau looked up from the Luxon beacons to look Caleb in the eyes a confused expression covering the receding astonishment.

"Wait Essek is your teacher, Lehrer means teacher, right?" Beau questioned. Caleb averted his gaze, and scratched at the scars on his arms.

Beau gave a smug grin,"I believe I am correct" Caleb closed the chest and hid behind his wings.

"Ja, you are correct he is my current teacher, can we get back on topic," Caleb said he was trying to dodge questions that he knew would be asked. Caleb attempted to push Beau out of the room with a wing, but he ultimately failed leaving Beauregard even more smug. Beau walked out of the room followed by Caleb.

"Yeah, so what do you want me to help with?" Beau said as she crossed her arms.

Caleb scratched his scars and his wings twitched as he spoke with uncertainty,"In a few weeks Essek is going to teleport the beacons to Rosana with a letter I have written for the Bright Queen, I would like your help getting the beacons to my teleportation circle safely, there are several people that would enjoy catching me and Essek unaware and stealing the beacons as well as killing us." Caleb guided Beau towards the exit.

"You should think over it and get some sleep," Caleb said as he handed Beau a stone.

Caleb spoke,"Use this to contact me if you can't find me."

"So is this an invitation to leave cause I will gladly take it." Beau said as she touched the teleportation rune and went back to her room. Caleb released the breath that he hadn't realized he was holding. Caleb teleported back to the library. He set up a place to hold a meeting with the Misrule. Once he finished he decided to read Nott's notes on the Misrule and Xhorhasian customs, and fell asleep soon after his wings curled around him like a cloak of darkness.