Absolutely Positive

Morgan POV

Finally back in the states, not feeling any better, we been back home about a week now, and I still haven't taken the pregnancy test. I'm really hesitate because I don't want to be disappointed if I'm not pregnant, so I'll keep putting it off until I honestly feel like taking it, or use it at a LAST resort.

I was laying in bed, deep under the covers, trying to relax, I postponed all my meetings until I felt better, as of now I'm in hibernation. August and Shad, haven't bothered me all day, my mom called a few times today, I didn't answer I been sleep all day, not counting the bathroom trips and excessive vomiting. But other then that I been sleep all day. I haven't really had much of an appetite so I had no reason to leave my bedroom.

I finally decided to get out of bed, seeing that it was around 7 at night. I made my way downstairs only to see Shad and August talking, so me being nosey I stayed back to listen in on their convo.

" Did she take the test yet?"
"Naw man, she said she doesn't want to be disappointed if she ain't pregnant... so I'll just wait until she does."
"Well have you two talked about kids?"
"Yeah, all the time, it's just she doesn't want to stop working once she gets pregnant. And I want her to sit at home, you know how Morgan gets when she's stressed .."
"Yeah I feel you. Have you ever thought maybe she just got jet lag?"
"It's been 2 weeks dude... aint nobody that tired, and plus she ain't been eating, and you know Morgan love to eat. So something wrong."
"Oh shit, she ain't eatin? Hell naw... she bouta get up right now."

I heard him getting closer to the stairs so I quickly ran down like I wasn't just listening to their conversation.

"You feelin better babe?"

"Somewhat, I'm just really hungry now, that's all."

"Naw sit down, I'm cookin, I heard you ain't been eatin, I'm bout to fuck it up in the kitchen."

"No Aug, it's fine I want some Chinese food, we can just order out."

"Mm,okay you better eat it all too, I aint playin Morgan."

"Okay Aug damn..."

"Yeah, can I get an order of sesame chicken, mushrooms, cheese wontons, umm some sweet and sour chicken, shrimp fried rice, and a extra helping of those mushrooms, extra sauce. Thank you."

"Damn, did you order for everybody else too?"

"Yes foo, I know you and Aug eat everything I like, cuz I can't keep y'all hands out my damn plate."

"Ok good. But baby can we talk?"

"This is about the test isn't it?"

"Yeah, I know you don't want to take it but, I can't just sit around wondering if there is a little me running around in there."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, I'll take the test, but not by myself, c'mon, you're coming with me."

Shad POV
I see why Morgan was so nervous to take the test, this has been the longest 3 minutes of my life. Morgan left me with the test at least 2 minutes ago, she was too scared to see what it said. To be honest I want to give it to August, shit I'm scared to ... the timer went off indicating the wait was over.
"Baby!, the times up!"

I heard her run up the stairs. She took the test from me.
She gave me a half smile, and spoke.
"Looks like your going to be a dad."
"Oh shit you serious?!"
"Yeah...., we're going to be parents."

August peaks into the room,
"Everything good?, you take the test?"
"Yeah..... looks like you and Mel are goin to be uncles."
"Oh shit, you serious Mo?"
"Yeah"
I couldn't stop the tears from falling, I was excited, I was genuinely excited, to have my baby brother here with me, and knowing that our older brother was looking down on all this made me cry even more. August wiped my falling tears as they fell and hugged me.
"Morgan, it's okay .... it's okay... stop crying"
Shad can you give us a minute?"
"Yeah, I'll be downstairs."

Once he left the room I burst into tears all over again.
"Aug, I feel that Mel sent this baby to me. It makes sense, I didn't start to get all emotional and shit until you got here, and leading up to a couple weeks ago I was sick and stressed,and now that we're okay I find out I'm pregnant. I think Mel sent this blessing to me for a reason."
"You gon call and tell mama?"
"Not this soon, maybe next weekend, I want to fly out to NOLA with mom, to visit Nana and then visit Mel, I haven't been to see him since I left NOLA."
"What about Shad?"
"He'll be in New York, and he'd want to tell his family differently..."
"Ight, Ima go holla at this Chinese food, you comin?"
"August wait, you stil gon b here when the baby comes? "
"Ight you want me to. "
"Yeah, I have a feeling you and him will be close, like how you and Mel were."