Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I heard glass breaking making me groan loudly.

"That's it!" I announced annoyed.

"Nina, you have to chill." Jake said as he tried to calm me down.

"He has been drinking all day and it's almost 1AM." I said as I stormed out of the kitchen and up the stairs, Jake trailing behind me.

Yes, it's almost 1AM and Jake and I were in the kitchen instead of the bed. Why? That's because my brother has been blasting either the stereo or the TV and we couldn't get him to shut up no matter what.

I bursted into Jace's room. There were empty bottles of beer on the ground and some empty bags of chips.

"Jason Aiden." I growled glaring at him.

"It slipped! Sorry." he immediately defended his self.

So far, after Jake and I finished our "bonding" time I have done nothing but scold Jace over and over again.

"You are so damn stupid. Not to mention that you're acting like a teenager right now."

"I know—"

"No." I interrupted. "No, you don't know. Why can't you just admit it."

"Admit what, Nina? There's nothing to admit." He said stumbling off his bed and grabbing another beer from his mini fridge.

"Enough, Jace!" I said frustrated as I got the beer out of his hand before he could open it.

"Nina!" He complained.

"Admit it. You like Jade and you can't bear the thought of losing her."

"I don't like Jade." he countered. "She's been my best girl friend for years..."

"If you didn't, then why the hell are you drinking so much cause of your fight, huh? Admit it Jace, or so help me, I will smash this bottle on your head right now." I threatened, slightly holding the bottle up.

He sighed and stumbled back to his bed. "She's one of my best friends, Nina."

"You have feelings for her and by the looks of things, she has feelings for you too."

His head snapped up to me. "No she doesn't."

I rolled my eyes. "She told you to stay away from a slut, and from what I understood, she never payed attention to the girls you date till now. She likes you Jace."

He sighed and dropped his head. He was quiet for a minute and I looked at Jake who was leaning on the doorframe his arms crossed.

He half smiled and shrugged. I gave him a half smile as well and rolled my eyes turning back to Jace who was still quiet.

"Nina, I just can't..." he said trailing off grabbing the beer that was still in my hand.

I groaned frustrated. I turned to Jake and walked to him. "Your turn." I announced.

He chuckled lightly and kissed my forehead. "I'll handle him."

I smiled thankfully. "Love you."

"Love you too." he said and pecked my lips.

We heard Jace groan in the background. "Stop."

"Oh, shut up and get yourself together, or so help me I will literally knock some sense into you using that damn bottle your holding!" I snapped tired of his mood.

Jake looked at me, his eybriw a raised and an amused smile on his face. "Remind me never to get you angry."

I groaned and dropped my head tiredly making him release a breath of amusement.