𝐈. OUR STORY BEGINS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
EPISODE ONE

❝ Then I suppose I would be fulfilling my role as a Shelby, if that were true ❞ 

if that were true ❞ 

There are a great many things in this world that deserves to be written about. Every person deserves a tale, no matter how venomous and vile that particular person may or may not be. Everyone has earned their words to be immortalized on scripture for the future generations upon generations to critically analyse, digest and pick apart until each and every syllable has been symbolised to mean something or other.

This fact can be argued for many a reason, like for those uneducated to learn the proper fine lines between right and wrong for example. And how, on the spectrum of colours of this principle that there are many shades that often need to be blurred in order for the outcome to be of the lesser of two evils.

However Tessa Shelby, happened to come across that particular nugget of wisdom through other means of education. As when you age and grow upon the skeleton of an illegal betting house, the words innocent and guilty tend to lose their significance and come quickly replaced with the sentiments of power and powerless.

However, Tessa holds no resentment, no self-righteous notions that what her family is or what they do, goes against the moral principles that God has commanded onto his subjects, nor does Tessa yell her praises through the streets of Small Heath for all those to hear on the infamous reputation her last name has racked up throughout the years. The young girl simply existed. Went about her day as many others do, with only the slight adjustments to normality compared to others due to the royalty her family so seemed to be.

Even at the ripe age of 10, she was still shown the respect and fear her oldest brothers have instilled, all so nervous to face the wrath the Shelby brothers would rain down upon them to act otherwise. Anyone holding half a brain aware of the strain that that one girl pulls on the coldest and fiercest of gangstas littering their streets, even that of the infamous Tommy Shelby.

Though despite, preconceptions of the thrilling excitement that surely must consume Tessa Shelby's every waking moment, one thing that you would never see the brown-haired, blue eyed girl without in her grasp is the thick ledgers of many timeless novels. Down every street, around every corner, there is never a time that her head isn't firmly stuck in between two pages as flickering eyes absorb each word beautifully woven into the grandest of stories for her brain to feast on.

Stories of valor, courage, discipline, patience, stupidity, foolishness, passion, desire, fear, injustice, loneliness, sadness, tragedy and every single thing in between. There wasn't a theme or character that has been overlooked in Tessa's deep dive into the world that the many literary artists have curated throughout history. Her mind was painted in vivid and vibrant colours, that superseded that of any man or woman's imagination around these dull and dreary parts, not that that took much effort mind you.