Chapter 3

Thank you for reading this everyone, it feels great to know that people are reading my story! Please leave comments to tell me what you think and stay tuned for the rest of the chapters! Please share with your friends! And please remember to vote! Thanks, Enjoy!

The next morning I wake to the crashing of the waves against the shore. I stand to stretch my back out that’s been slumped against a tree in a strange position all night. The salty breeze brushes against my face blowing my blonde hair around wildly. I like the beach, I had never been to one before now. I used to often wonder why my parents never took me on holidays or anywhere, but now I know that they just couldn't afford it. I never went to school, we didn’t have a car and the closest school was at least a five hour walk, my parents taught me everything I know as well as how to farm, but even though I had lived on the farm my whole life, I had always felt as though I didn't belong there. I was horrible at planting and harvesting the crops and not much better at driving the tractor, but there was one part of the farm that I always loved, the animals.

Everyday I would go out in the field and spend hours rounding up the animals and taking care of them, that was definatly my favourite part of the farm and the part I missed most about it. I guess you could say the animals looked to me as their leader, which sounds quite strange but they would always follow me around and watch to see what i did. 

Is that why I'm here, leadership? I doubt that a sixteen year old girl that's only leadership skills come from sheep is really the best leader they could find. I mean this is the largest amount of people I've been around in my entire life and I have a feeling that leading people is quite different from leading sheep. But then again these people will do just about anything to get of this island and be free which is what our sheep looked like they wanted and maybe thats why they would always watch me, maybe it was to find the way out and work out how to use the gate. So maybe sheep and people really aren't that differnt after all. 

Oh who am I kidding? Listen to me, I'm comparing people with sheep. This island is seriouly messing with my head.

Just I as start snapping back into reality I hear just the voice I wanted to hear......NOT!

"Hello? Earth to Bree!" Tanner yelled in my face clicking his fingers trying to get my attention.

"Arg, what do you want?"

"Good morning to you too" He said with a smirk on that perfectly tanned face of his.

Haha tanned Tanner ahhhhh

"Enjoying to view?" He said grinning just a little too much.

"W-what? Sorry I was ummm t-thinking about something" Wow real smooth Bree!

"Sure thing sweetheart. Back to my original qusetion, did you sleep well last night?"

"Nope, but judging by the smirk on your face you had a great sleep didn't you?"

"I did actually thank you for asking, I have my own little shelter with a hammock and fruit trees and-"

"Okay! I don't want to hear about 'Hotel Tanner' so go boast about it to someone else" 

"Ouch, someone woke up on the wrong side of the log this morning"

I narrowed my eyes and frowned at him then turned and left him there looking as smug as ever. Now to go find some breakfast...what a treak.

 ***********************************

Sorry it's kind of a short one today...

I'll be updating again soon :)

Please let me know what you think so far!