15 years ago

"Namjoon !" you cried out, holding your knee, your bike lying on the concrete next to you. You glanced at your hands, and your stomach dropped when you realized they were covered in blood. "Namjoon !" you called again, alligator tears rolling down your cheeks.

He soon came running to you, wondering why you were screaming so loudly. However, as soon as he saw your tears on your face, he stopped in his tracks, panic written on his face.

You never cried, this is something he knew for sure. So why were these big tears streaming down your face ?

"Call my mom !" you cried out, the pain coming from your leg making your breath hitch. He stood there, frozen at the sight of you hurting like that. "Namjoon !" you shouted again, not understanding his lack of reaction.

He seemed to wake up from his confused state, turning around to run towards where all the parents were chatting as if his life depended on how fast he could run at this very moment.

"Y/N ! She is hurt ! You need to come right now ! She is bleeding a lot !"

He didn't stay to watch your parents' faces turn white as he had already started running to you again, his little heart beating like crazy without him even caring.

When he reached you again, he kneeled down next to you and took your hand, pressing it to let you know he was here. You were still crying, not daring to look at your knee because you felt like it was going to scare you more than anything else. He stroked your back as your parents came running to you, your dad already on the phone with some doctors while your mom looked at your knee with a muffled scream.

It didn't help.

"Don't worry, it's going to be okay. It's not even that bad," Namjoon whispered in your ear while your mom checked your body to see if there was another injury.

A moment later, you were lying on a hospital bed, a bandage around your knee and pain killers running in your blood.

Something sharp was on the ground when you fell from your bike which resulted in your knee being open with an object cutting through the skin. Not great.

But Namjoon was here, walking around the hospital room and looking at all the new things he was discovering today.

"Namjoon," you said, making him turn towards you. "I hope I'll never be dying alone with you because you'd be way too slow to save me."

His smile dropped and he looked down. You couldn't resist and burst in laughter, thinking your joke was the funniest thing you had ever said —it really wasn't, but what can you expect from a 9 years old ?

Namjoon looked up with a frown while you were still laughing, pointing your finger at him.

"I'm just kidding Namjoon, you should've seen your face though !" you laughed and he pouted, turning away from you.

"I can't even be mad because you're hurt. But you shouldn't laugh, because at least I know how to bike," he sticked his tongue out and you stopped laughing. It was your turn to pout.

"Well, you were supposed to be looking after me. Not my fault you don't run fast enough to keep up with me."

"Not my fault you're 9 and only learning how to ride a bike now."

And that's how this day ended with Namjoon and you bickering under the soft look of your parents who were wondering once again how the two of you could still bare each other.

You were both so damn annoying.