Backstory

(Male gem's names will be in bold.)

[Third Person Pov]

~~~Male Amethyst Kindergarten

An Amethyst gem came out of their hole, and of course said gem was you. You dusted yourself off and noticed all the other holes around.

Y/n: Huh, guess I'm a late bloomer. Maybe they aren't far, I could catch up to them. You what'll make me get to them faster? Actually going instead of talking about going.

You ran as fast as your little legs could carry you. You didn't really know much of what was going on, but you did know you had to see Yellow Diamond immediately. You didn't know much other than that though, hopefully another Amethyst can fill you in. After running for a while, you finally found a group of male Amethyst, and you quickened your pace.

Y/n: Hey guys! Wait up!

They either ignored you or didn't hear you or didn't care. You called out again, same result. You didn't even bother trying again, so just followed them at a distance, them slowly getting ahead of you. You get the feeling your whole life's gonna be like this.

~~~A Building

???: Ok, listen up. I know you all were expecting Yellow Diamond, but she had business to attend to, which is why-

Y/n: Scuse me!

You started cutting through the crowd trying to get to the front.

Y/n: Scuse me, sorry, kinda hard to see, I'm vertically challenged. Sorry I'm late my di-you aren't Yellow.

???: ...You're late.

You're late

Y/n: Holy...uh, sorry, I uh....had trouble keeping up.

Jasper: Well lucky for you, you didn't want important information. Now everyone listen up! As per protocol, you'll all be tested on your strengths. Yellow Diamond only wants the best soldiers, and if you're less that that? You be shattered, as you're no use to her.

Hearing that made you gulp. Already being defective made you less likely to pass these test.

Jasper: Once you leave, you'll each be given a task to do, and you'll do them no questions asked. Any questions?

Y/n: I have several-

Jasper: GET MOVING!!!

Everyone ran out the building, and you followed. Once outside, a Peridot handed you a tablet. You looked at it and saw what looked like a ranking board with a red line at the bottom with the word "worthless" on it. Your cut number was at the very bottom.

Y/n: Of course it is, *sigh* of course it is. Ok, so I just gotta do task and get higher right? Ok, so what's first? Catch gems attempting to rebel? Gems are still rebelling? Uh, ok.

You stored the tablet on your gem, and started looking for any suspicious gems. You started thinking however, why are gems still trying to rebel? More importantly, who in their right mind would be crazy enough to? Your thoughts were cutoff when someone grabbed your shoulder. You looked at the hand and saw it belonged to a male Amethyst.