chapter 2, the three sober drunks

Nicky's POV

It's been 3 days since the incident, and it's been tearing me apart. Every single time I touch my phone I get that horrifying flashback, and what was with Jay last night? oh yeah, I gotta see how he's doing. I see him in his crib playing with the rattle I bought him. He looks at me and smiles at me giggling.

"Hello cutie" I pick him up then I realize it's not giggling, it's babbling.

Wow, he's trying to speak and it hasn't even been a year yet, it's a miracle.

"Wanna say something to daddy" I guess.

"M...Mo...Mo" he repeated, OMG he's trying to say monkey.

"Say it with me, mon- key" he's so cute.

"Mommy!" He bursted out pointing his finger at me.

What? I felt a shiver go down my spine. That reminded me of his mom. I felt tears go down my face as I heard that on single word. Jay saw my pain and pointed to the window.

"Daddy..." He said sadly.

The window was slightly open, enough to let some air out. I shut the window and saw a tiny little note attached to it. I ripped it off and it said.

'two more days Nicky, then you will be mine' the note was dated, it said 2/13, that's today. Now I was ready to call the police, but my gut told not to, I don't know why but it was really convincing, so instead I got jay into bed and got dressed then went to work, I wonder what's gonna happen on Friday.

+++

working at the bar was no piece of cake. There were drunk bums trying to grope my ass every single time I passed there table. Every shift were two men somehow getting into a fight because one of them touched there girl. At least I got to be with my friend who attends behind the bar. His name is Joe parning and he looks pretty intimidating. His scars on his tan face show that wasn't shown mercy into fights, his muscles could chop you in half if he flexed while having his arm around you, he basically looked like a guy from the mafia, but his personality showed the opposite. He was actually sweet and caring, he would always babysit Jay when I had to work nightshift, and I have to say, Jay really loves the man. Anyway, as I took the empty glasses from the somehow sober man they just stared at me shocked. I raised a eyebrow and gave the cups to Joe. I could hear the man say.

"Wow, he really knows how to picked em ey? C'mon, we got two days then we get our money then we leave" the third said them all standing up, slapping the money on the table and headed out.

Joe was kind of a mute kind of guy so he just raised an eyebrow. He said to me he'll say something when it's needed. Finally, my shift was over so I said goodbye to Joe and head off to my home, feeling as if someone was following the whole time.