The Plan

Amy slammed the door open, greeting her eyes upon their rooftop, jake and hers. So much rage and confusion pulsed through her body like a curcit. But those daring blue eyes seemed so real to her, yet her mind was playing cute tricks.

Maybe she was losing the plot...

Every step she took closer to the bench, facing towards the beaming sun. Her heart crushed everytime. Every step, those eyes kept switching blue, to green. Every step.

Blue.

Green.

She finally sat herself down onto the sky watching bench and covered her face with her cold hands. So many emotions, and amy couldn't handle it. She had no idea what was wrong with her. Her head felt like a ticking bomb ready to go off, any moment.

"God" she sighs "I'm losing my mind" amy mumbles, as she continued to stroke her face in distress. Her shoulders felt heavy and her chest felt compelled with a ton of rocks, pressing down on her. Dragging her down.

Amy lifted her head, letting her skin soak in the heated warm summer glow. Breathing calmly. She opened her eyes, squinting to know that the golden sun rays will blind her. But it didn't...

Something light, floating down softly in the wind, was shadowing her eyes. She followed her eyes on the object, watching it flow down closer to her, and softly grazed on the concrete. Stopping at her shoes.

Paper. Paper laid on the ground, softly lifting up to the wind, nudging her at her feet. It was like it was taunting her to lift it up. But something didn't feel right, again. Yet her confusion and curiosity over took her body, and reached out for the paper.

Amy picked up one of the corners and flipped the sheet. On the other side made her freeze. This began to unlock past sayings and memories of that gruesome room and captivated her mind. It wasn't a plain piece of paper, but a photo she once held. A photo of jake and Taylor. Right on top of the roof, right where she was.

Kissing.

"Pfft, that's funny. I could've sworn I saw your pal too busy snogging someone else rather saving your pity ass"

"See, he doesn't give a shit. How else did you end up here? They don't care."

"Oh please. Do you really think he deserves some nerd? Like come on! Look at you! I wouldn't even think you were a cop."

"Amy"

She jumped to her name, blinking twice. Then once again, the sheet of paper she once held was gone.

"Ames?" the voice called again. She turned her head and saw jake approaching her with small steps.

"Knew you would've been up here" he said, pulling up the legs of his trousers upwards and sat next to her. But Amy just gave a quick, short laugh. Looking down at her hands.

She then looked into the distance, where building tops peeked over. She sighed and looked at jake, who was also gazing at the world ahead. Amy then cleared her throat.

"Jake?"

"Hmph?" he replied

She then took a deep breath and looked right into his brown oak eyes, and then a sharp glance down.

"Do.. Do you-" she then looked at him, pausing. She wanted to tell him about Taylor, yet she was too scared on what he would think of her. Would he even have a clue what she was going to say?