f i v e

A Party of Two Halves

Every house was in havoc. Both men and women were preparing for the feast tonight. It was to be the grandest event to ever go down in their town's history and they wanted to make the most of it. Dresses and other clothing items, that were thrown across rooms, claimed to have lost their worth - in a King's standards. The church was hurriedly being decorated and the food was already being dragged in.

Camellia was struck with amazement. Never had she seen such determination in her townsfolk. Even Lucia, who had spent hours on her hair, was just as shocked too.

Despite not wanting to admit it, she was excited for tonight and with the excitement and perseverance from Lucia, she was convinced to put small purple flowers in her hair to match with her dress.

"Oh, this'll be the party of the year!" She cried joyfully jumping and clapping her hands.

"Of the decade!" Camellia interjected laughing

"The century!"

They both fell into fits of laughter and as much as Camellia tried to deny it. She was bubbling with excitement too.

♚ ♚ ♚

Night had fallen but the Party had only just begun. The Hall was decorated with flowers and torches. In the corner of the room sat a small chamber who played wild dancing music. Their bows moving in sync in sharp, precise movements in contrast to their glowing expressions.

Some sat by the walls laughing and encouraging the dancers in the centre as they munched on refreshments and the Kings gifts. Camellia didn't miss Mrs Garner filling her pink cheeks.

Camellia and Lucia lost themselves in the dancing, the blonde relishing in the fact the King's soldiers had decided to partake. The feast became a blur of glittering swirls and a rainbow of silks and satins.

They had just finished another song when the two girls were out of breath. Camellia rested her palm over her chest feeling her heart thunder heavily against it. Leaning back she rested against the wall waiting to catch her breath.

It was then she noticed there one person in the party that was not involved. He lay there in all his regal glory, his hands locked infant of him as his chin rested on top of them. The flame of the fires flickered above him casting sinister shadows. His dark eyes roamed the crowd.

It seemed as though the party was separated in halves. One side was filled with laughter, music, colour whilst the other - where he sat - was silent. The only glow was from the torches barely mimicking the light the Sun provided.

Camellia shook her head. Where had that come from?

Deciding the mere sip of wine she'd taken had finally caught up with her, she left the blazing of the party to retreat into the calm of the night. Easily she slipped through the crowd, Lucia already finding a willing party to hop and skip with.

The night air cooled her blushing cheeks and the coldness of the stone wall seeped through her dress - but she welcomed the chill. Sighing deeply she looked at the sky, the stars twinkled with the moon. The music inside was muffled against the wind, sounding like an old memory as her thoughts drifted to the King.

King Thaddeus.

She racked her mind wondering if she'd seen him smile once. His figure was always brooding but she had to admit - it did not pare down his beauty. Amidst the joyful crowd, he did not join in with them which found rather odd.

Well if he did he would've been pulled from all ends till he split.

The only company he had was was the man who sat next to him. A long scar marring his features and blinding his eye yet he was the smiling widely and often roughhousing the king by the shoulders who simply glared back and shrugged him off.

Pushing herself off the wall, she wandered around the patched of grass before plucking a tall daisy from its home.

The snapping of a twig interrupted her train of thought. 

♚  ♚  

sorry for late update :(((

But they are SO closing to Finally meeting!!

YAY!

Also, why do think he didn't join in? what do you think of the King?

also i chose Timothée for the king (as seen below)

but I'm also thinking douglas booth???

we'll see ;)

vote & comment!