Prologue : Trapped in this Kingdom

Taehyung sat in the drawing room with a heavy sigh as he watched his bore of a father go on about the duties a king must follow and the responsibilities he must attend to

Taehyung sat in the drawing room with a heavy sigh as he watched his bore of a father go on about the duties a king must follow and the responsibilities he must attend to. "Remember you must be keen, knowledgeable and show no weakness." Taehyung winced inside, weakness? Showing emotions should be something people are free to express and feel, if not are we really human? There's nothing wrong with showing vulnerability he thought but he knew his father could never understand such a concept.

"Um anything else?" asked Taehyung, he acted as if he paid attention to each word that was imposed on him. "Ah yes each king has their own set of rules such as-

"Sorry actually I think it's pretty stuffy in here and i should fetch some fresh air. May I go out for a walk?" he politely interrupted. Slight frustration was shown on his father's face but he nodded anyways answering "Alright but be back before supper."

"I will father" replied Taehyung. He had quickly left the palace, rushing out of the gates leaving even the guards to be puzzled as to where he was going. The fresh air filled his lungs, it was like an escape from prison and he finally can feel the freedom. He smiled and let his feet take him far and far away from the palace until he came across the rosy gardenia, the most beautiful garden in the entire kingdom. It was adorned with all types of unique and stunning flowers and also had a greenhouse made for tea time.

Taehyung paced toward the greenhouse until he heard an angelic laugh in the lime colored meadows and that was when he saw her. Her brown locks jumping in the air and her rosy pink cheeks glistening in the sun as she chased a butterfly.  Her gentle and free gestures caught his attention making his heart flutter She however didn't seem to notice his stares but as a butterfly flew in Taehyung's direction she did.

She gave him a nod flashing a wide grin and said "hello there!!"

He felt shy at first but finally introduced himself and soon they met up in the Rosy gardenia everyday before sundown. He wanted to grow close with her, She was all he could think about. She was bright, cheerful, fearless and free. She was everything he wasn't and Before he knew it, he had fallen in love and smiled back at him because she knew.

Unfortunately not all love stories go the way we plan and they don't end up with a happy ever after as we think. This story comes with moments that cave hard obstacles for both to face, will Taehyung be able to spend his life loving who he wants or he will fall into a pit of disaster with the chains of royalty and legacy?