06. bottling up

Amari was smiling

  Amari was smiling. She might be fighting a gargoyle, yet the girl was beaming with excitment. A little strange, she knows, but she can't help but be excited. Amari doesn't know much about gargoyle's, so maybe, keyword being maybe, it'll breathe hellfire. Amari doesn't remember much about Hunchback of Notre Dame but she does remember gargoyles. And she does remember that they weren't that scary. Plus, Amari's about ninety percent sure that she's unkillable, so there's not much to worry about. She would test that theory, but there's still the possibility that she's banned from the underworld, so for now, she just won't let herself die. Easy enough, right?

  Amari followed behind the two girls into the school. Her smile was gone now. She really wasn't in the mood for Hope to lecture her about how bad this situation is. Amari also vaguely remembers something about Lizzie being in danger or something like that, so she's a little bit on edge. To Amari, Josie is the most annoying person at this school (Landon's the second most annoying, but she's not worried about him right now).

  Yet, Amari actually really likes Lizzie (she also likes Raf more than Landon, but again, she's not worried about Landon right now).

  "Lizzie!" 

  "I'll check the library," Hope said as she turned. "I'll come too!" Amari started to follow behind Hope, mostly because she rather not be left alone with Josie. "I don't want to be alone!" Josie called as she followed behind the other two. Amari had to force herself not to let out a noise in annoyance. 

  The three girls jumped as they heard Alaric speak. "What are you doing here?" 

  "You scared us."

  "Dorian was supposed to keep you away," Alaric pointed out. "He tried, he failed." 

  "I felt Lizzie's pain, I knew something was wrong" Alaric glanced at Amari waiting for her comment. "Don't look at me like that. These two dragged me along to be their ride. I'm innocent." 

  "Here. Killing Gargoyle's 101. He thought you could translate it. So are we on our own, or did the Gauls provide clear instructions?" 

  "In a nutshell, it says hit it hard, repeat as needed" The four jumped at the sound of a roar. "Wait, so we aren't dealing with a cute gargoyle from Hunchback of Notre Dame? Wack" 

  "Listen, it poisoned Lizzie. We gotta find it." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

  The gargoyle flew down the steps directly in front of Hope. She fell to the ground as it swung the knife at her. The gargoyle held the knife up again, ready to hit Hope with it, when Alaric stepped in front of it, making it come to a stop. 

  Everyone stood frozen for a second until Josie broke off one of its wings. It swung at Josie and accidentally scraped Amari's arm. Amari gripped her arm to feel blood. Of course, Amari had bled before, but it was over a hundred years ago. The feeling felt foreign, yet she still recognized it. Her eyes turned a dark red as she stared at it. She thrust one of her hands at it, hitting it with a purple ball of energy. Her eyes widened in surprise at the hole now in one of his wings.