6 - Unseen Stranger to Unlikely Companion: Prancing after the Petals

AHEM. Excuse me for the title change.

(Chapter edited. There might be some minor mistakes.)

Each of these companion’s utilized their own task,
bestowing their strengths to the garden they designed.
But eventually, through the passage of time, their responsibility elapsed.
And the three companions parted to a long awry road,
passing through each other’s presence without acknowledgement.

interlude

...

Unseen Stranger to Unlikely Companion: Prancing after the Petals

...

The Flower District had become a particular subject of curiosity by a certain Shinigami. And this certain Shinigami is the same person who interrogated the woman about the incident of amalgamated snake in her home.

He wasn’t investigating about the snake; the snake is obviously not there, as every person can see. Rather, he was looking for an information about the direct victim of the former incident; not the woman, mind you, he was talking about the other one who was inflicted by the snake’s poison.

Only from the Fourth Division knows about the true nature of the poison, especially with the fact this poison came from a masked hollowfied snake. And the Twelfth Division further investigated the eccentric nature of it, seeing how Captain Kurotsuchi seemed to be highly interested in it—and everyone knows in Gotei 13 how tenacious he would be if something catches his eye, he would claimed it no matter what. That’s how the Head of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute operates and works.

But that wasn’t the thing the Shinigami was curious about—no, it was not the poison. It was the person who directly were poisoned to it. He wasn’t interested at the poison in first place.

The woman had told him about a strange girl with scary eyes. Saying that she had a certain pressure around that makes her distant, except for certain individuals who had the audacity to approach the scary girl. These words certainly implies this girl had reiatsu with her, unknown to herself that she had it in the first place as the woman—he noted she had no reiatsu—was too intimidated to come in contact with her.

Though, he can’t help but thought there are more than what is seen. After the incident, he received that people had been flocking around her—flocking might not be the right word, it is more like she is open now—and have been noted by the people around the girl that she had changed, even though she was not aware of this herself.

Don’t judge the book by its cover—a very common saying to not underestimate ones appearance. He had wondered if the girl—with all the strangeness surrounding her—had some kind of relation about the certain group in Human Realm who are now all but gone after the supposedly threat was disposed. An information that wasn’t recorded in Daireishokairō, the library that was supposed to document everything in the history.

A Slayer Corps.

But he had no way to confirm it so he will investigate further to find out.

Whether if it was just simple myth or a hidden fact.

📝