Chapter 1: The Game (Part Two)

Ch. 01 Part II

 Rouge

A lot of adolescent were being trained in any way possible. With only one goal, to vanish those GMO which we call vampires. They are vicious and they can use almost one hundred percentage of their brain which is so fantastic. No typical human can do that. I knew to myself that we're ready enough to beat those vampass. However, nobody of the trainees has ever seen one of those GMO. I don't even know if they have balls or what. I just know that they look like us. They move like us but they don't think like we do and that's our disadvantage and advantage at the same time.

Captain, that old fart is intently staring at his so called students. I don't like him. In fact no one does. Whoever can survive from his lifestyle, I will salute you. He's like a living example of the word oppose. Whatever you want to say or do he would instantly object you which is so irritably annoying. However, even he has that attitude; a lot of people here weirdly respect him. And I am one of them.

"Hey Rouge! Catch!" I saw Ram shouting at me. What's he saying? Suddenly round thing was somersaulting on the air. A loud banging sound ringed my head. Darn. It hurts. Feels like my world turned upside down. Fortunately, I did stand up straight and launched my fist to him causing him to knock on the floor.

"Stupid. Don't ever do that to me." I said glaring. I can now imagine my nose flaring. And it's not a good sight at all so I walk passed him. As expected he walks with me at my side.

"Are you free? I can teach you some moves if you want." he said smiling from ear to ear stupidly.

Raising my eyebrows I said.

"No thanks. I’m better than you anyway. And I don't tend to share my own moves so back off."

Refusing him is a hard thing to do because he never back down. I know what he got under his nose and I am not falling for it. I'm no stupid like Ali and now she ended up cutting herself. Such a poor girl. This man is way too old for me. It's like mac and cheese over the buffalo wings. Of course I am the buffalowings because I'm better at any side.

***

"Attention, please proceed to the battle area. Attention, please proceed to the battle area." I rolled my eyes as the computerized voice repeat the instruction. I am not completely pleased by this situation. Because I don't want to be here in the first place. However, what could you do if someone would give you half a billion dollar in exchange for entering a training camp? Even though no one knows what could happen to us, I still don't care. As long as I can be half a billion dollar richer. And that sounds so cool.

I better hurry then.

Being the last one to arrive is not a good situation at all. All eyes were scrutinizing me. Like I'm a prey and they were the predator who wants to rip off my head. But I am not here just to be loser and be their laughing stock. I dismissed those kids in my mind and focus on what's happening right now.

There is a stage in front of us. Inside two chairs were placed. Each with a weird head gear with tape on both armrests which is probably will disallow us to move. What are we gonna do? In the last few days that I've spent here, we did nothing but to play mind games and solve different problems which I found unnecessary. If they have the chance to give us arithmetic problems, they would probably do that. Completely stupid.

My eyes roamed around. I found a lot of dork looking kids but most of them looks ready as hell to have battle. Surely they are competitive but they are nothing to me. They never experienced living in the outskirt of the main town. Which is not actually a town by the way? We call the main town, Acropolis. Being over the top and advance at any level. However, a community like Acropolis was hidden underground to be far from the treat of vampire race.

Acropolis is like a research centre and a place you would like to live. Only people with power can live there. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I came from the lower part of the city, Agora. For the people in Acropolis, they would think of us as a lowly and uneducated people.

Nobody can oppose them because we are not here without them. We can't live without their supply of food and water. We'd be famished and die. If it isn't because of them I am probably wearing nothing. That's sucks. They can just easily step on us.

"Hale Cameron and Ram di Angelo." said the computerized voice. I saw the idiot; Ram smiling like nothing doesgonna happen to him. Well, I don't either know what would happen. Hale Cameron walked with him. Hale Cameron is not so petit girl with flaming red hair. Her blue eyes are sparkling even from afar. That translucent skin which made the veins in her face looks visible is disturbing. All in all, you can call her a lady.

They both sat in the chair and automatically the head gear locked their head up. What does gonna happen to them?

In an instant a light was projected at the upper part of the stage which is probably would make us see some video or what.

I can see both of them are nervous. Who could not be?

"Mind game activate." said the computer. A familiar place was flashed by the light. Vintage place where autumn leaves are falling, it's the mind game that I have played in the FT. Suddenly, two avatars appeared. I think I have an idea of what we will do and I somehow like it.