Chapter One | First Five Noises

There was a sound of five parts inside Izuku's home.

The first sound was the running water crashing onto a dirty plate. Izuku's thin hands scrubbed the tomato sauce her three-year old son didn't lick away. Izuku didn't lick her own plate either whenever she ate pasta. It was her four-year old daughter who would lick the remaining tomato sauce off her plate.

Izuku turned off the faucet, and let the water drip down and off the plate. Afterwards, she placed it gently on the dish holder. She stretched her limbs, thinking about the things she was to do tomorrow. At least the dishes were finally done for tonight.

With her focus off the sink and dishes, her ears followed the second noise in her living room. She stepped lightly against the cool floorboard despite the weight she carried on her front.

The television was playing a Disney Movie called Big Hero 6. She grabbed the control and turned the TV off. On the couch, she spotted her two children sleeping soundly next to each other. Her daughter, Ena, leaned on the shoulder of the couch, while her son, Naoki, leaned against her. A blanket covered them from their torso down.

Izuku was blessed her children were tightly bonded. They looked like the perfect portrait she wished remained richly engraved in her memories forever.

Izuku rested a hand on her lower back and the other atop the bump protruding from her long, loose blue shirt stopping around half of her naked thighs. In a couple of months her children would be welcoming another sibling in the family. She smiled as she remembered her children's faces at the news. Ena yelled in excitement while her son, Naoki, needed some sort of proof, like with everything. Her son took note of facts and credible sources, precocious for a three-year-old.

What her children didn't know was she was expecting twins, not just one baby. She knew her children would be happy receiving not just one but two siblings. Then why the secrecy? She simply loved surprising her children and so did them.

Izuku carefully moved the blanket off Naoki, then lifted him up and into her arms. She caressed his blond, wavy short hair, soft to the touch, as she walked in the hall and into Naoki's room. Her son was a heavy sleeper. The earth would be shaking and not even falling from the bed would wake him up. Thus, giving Izuku the perfect opportunity for the following minutes and possible hours. That's if...

After tucking Naoki to bed, Izuku went back to the living room. Unlike Naoki, Ena could wake up if moved or with a loud noise. Therefore, Izuku would have no choice but to wake Ena up without having to carry her to bed. An unfortunate circumstance. Izuku loved hugging her children.

Izuku wondered if her twins would be heavy or light sleepers. She looked forward to the new memories she'll form with these two little ones. She was about to have four children. She raised her eyes off her pregnant belly.

She halted her steps.

The father of her children sat on the living room coffee table. He stared at Ena, his elbows resting on his knees with his hands entwined. Izuku hadn't heard him enter the house, not that she expected to notice in the first place.

Izuku took a step forward. It was then he looked up at her. His red, colored eyes watched her respectfully, never dropping his gaze off her eyes. It was then when she walked close enough that he stood up. His tall height loomed over her by six inches, and the way he stood radiated strength and tension hidden under his dark warm jacket.