Prologue: Past Present and Me

I had perfect family before. One that every girl woud've dream of. Parents who loved me, a big brother who protects me, we were perfect. My father, Owen Shaw, was a former major in the SAS. He was always because of his job but every time he comes back from work we make sure that we make for the time lost. Then there's my Mother, Claire, she was the best mom I could ever wish for. Me and my brother was lucky to have her as our Mom. She was a great Computer Eingeneer, taught me all the thing she know about computers and even gave me and my brother extra credits by teaching us how to hack a bit. If there was someone better than me with computers, it'll be her. Definitely. Then here comes my uh' over protective weird loving brother of mine. We were basically twins although he's actually three years older than me. We were inseparable.

Wonder why it's all in past tense? Because it's long gone. Everything.

It all started when I was eleven.

They started to fight really bad. We used to go to church every Sunday but what I didn't know is that a few years later it would be one of the darkest days of my life. Sometimes I'll see my mother crying by herself and that's when I realized that everything's going to change. My parents now often fight with each other, everything we've ever had was slowly falling apart. Neither me or Ethan couldn't do anything but to listen behind the door of our room, nothing else.

The worst came when Mom decided to leave. The plan was to go back to California for a while to let things cool down between her and Dad but when we were about to board our private plane, We heard gunshots. Lots of them. Suddenly Mom fell to the ground, blood forming on her stomach, staining her white shirt. Ethan ran to find help while I was left to watch her die. I watched as life slowly slipped out of her. I remember begging her to stay with me, to fight for her life. I begged her to stay strong, but even though she wanted to I know she can't. She already lost huge amount of blood. She died in my arms. Her blood in my hands, my shirt, everywhere. I hate that I was there to see that. I hate that I couldn't do anything to save her.

They say it was a massacre because everyone died, the pilots, the guards, everyone on the plane. Except for me and Ethan. I would've wished I died with them rather than seeing them everynight in my dreams every night. It was so much better, so much easier...

After Mom's burial, Dad took us in again and moved to Europe for a while but the change was evident. He became more strict, more straightforward. I knew it would never be the same again. He thought me how to handle knives at the age of thirteen, while he thought Ethan how to handle guns and do hand-to-hand combat. It was a good thing for us, especially for me. It somehow distracted me from my grief.

Growing up with boys isn't particularly pleasant but I learned to accept it. Eventually. After her death, me and Ethan went to school for two years before deciding to just stick with homestudy for good. I managed to finish middle school and high school in a matter of five years but before I even finished high school my brother decided to move out and live with my mom's parents, which left me to live with only Alex and dad. It wasn't bad but I never understood why he left, as far as I can see we were fine. Dad even decided to keep an orphaned boy with us, Alex. He was about a year and a half older than me, before my brother moved-out the two of them get along really well with each other and so do I but the two of them looked like they are related to each other since they both have natural blond hair while I have dark brown hair until I dyed my hair blonde when I was fourteen.

Three weeks after my brother moved-out, the news finally leaked in. It's not just simple jobs my dad was doing, bigger ones. Ones that until now I still don't understand, I just follow whatever he told me to do. At the age of fourteen my definition of game became hacking different governments of different countries during weekends, homeschooling in weekdays, moving from country to country, from a state to another state, just having fun. That's all I know, to have fun.

Because of my extended knowledge about computers and hacking, Dad let me do my very first job when I was fifteen and after that successful job he finally let me participate in the different jobs that they do as long as I stay hidden in the base to keep a look the CCTV's that they would use or the Police Station itself.  Sometimes I'd even have a say on their plan, I know dad was training me because whether he admit it or not, I am a part of his team. He didn't let me do an actual job until I was seventeen claiming that I was too young to go out on the field but if you ask me, I think he's just being an overprotective dad once again.
I did that first job with Alex,him and I grew closer with each other especially when Ethan left us. We became best friends and partners in the jobs that we do. Always watching each other's back.

My name is Olivia Shaw.
Daughter of Owen Shaw.

oo)O(oo

Vote and Comment!!

( edited)