1

Can you hear those voices?

Yeosang shot up in bed, his ears ringing. The others were still dead asleep. He went to the calendar and marked off a day. 23 nights of suddenly waking up in a cold sweat. He sighed and looked at the clock. It was 3:15. Almost a month, he had been hearing voices in his head. Every night, the same thing. The voices would ask him the same question.

Can you hear them calling?

They tormented him.

"Yeosang?"

Wooyoung whispered quietly, his voice was still raspy. Yeosang hummed in response.

"Why are you awake? Is it happening again?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you want to go and get some coffee? Or tea?"

"Sure."

The two got dressed and walked to a café. Jongho scampered behind the quietly.

"Hyung!"

He walked faster and met with them before they walked into the café.

"I heard you guys leaving and didn't want to lay in bed anymore."

The three walked into the café and a young woman was cleaning the tables.

"Hello! Welcome to Aurora Café. How may I help you?"

Her bright smile eased Yeosang's nerves.

"Um, a hot tea please?"

Jongho and Wooyoung ordered pastries and they all sat down. The woman approached and faced Wooyoung shyly.

"Um, I shouldn't be doing this because it's work hours, but can I have your number? I just thought you were very good-looking."

Wooyoung turned bright pink and stammered.

"I-i'm sorry! I really shouldn't..."

San walked through the door and grinned.

"I'm sorry, he has a boyfriend."

He grabbed a chair and sat next to Wooyoung, smiling sweetly at him.

"So, honey, what did you order today?"

"J-just some...pastries..."

Wooyoung's voice died down to a whisper and Jongho internally gagged. The rest of the boys walked into the cafe, wide awake.

"Was sleep just not an option for you guys?"

"Nope!"

Hongjoong sat next to Seonghwa and smiled.

"I'll take some banana bread!"

The woman smiled and nodded before writing it onto her notepad.

"Anything else?"

Seonghwa cleared his throat and smiled.

"I'll have a strawberry smoothie. Do you guys want something to eat?"

The boys' eyes sparkled and Seonghwa sighed.

"Do you...have fried chicken here?"

The woman nodded.

"We have a half pound or a pound."

"Um, we'll order three pounds?"

Mingi and Jongho nodded excitedly and Seonghwa cringed internally.

"And water please."

The woman nodded again.

"So, banana bread, hot tea, a strawberry smoothie, three pounds of friend chicken, and ice water for everyone?"

Everyone nodded and the woman went into the kitchen.

"She's kinda cute."

"Seonghwa, you're gay, you can't say stuff like that."

"Yeah, Hwa, I'm literally sitting right next to you."

Hongjoong rolled his eyes and Seonghwa laughed.

"I'm just joking, baby."

He wrapped his arms arpund Hongjoong and the others pretended to gag. Yeosang nodded, his mind wandering. He felt kind of lonely. Mingi had his best friend Yunho. Wooyoung and San were happy together, and so were Seonghwa and Hongjoong. And Jongho was happy being single, he was younger and didn't feel the need to find a girlfriend. But Yeosang felt lonely. He and Wooyoung were still best friends, but that wasn't what he was thinking about.

"Yah! Kang Yeosang! Your order!"

Yeosang snapped out of it and apologized.

"Oh yeah! Yes yes, let me go get it."

Yeosang smiled and went to the restroom instead, leaving the café through the backdoor. He sighed and walked to the bookstore next door. A girl was behind the counter, reading a book without a title.

"Good morning, it's a little early for you to be sneaking out of places, isn't it?"

Her voice was comforting and wise. She seemed familiar.

Can you hear those voices?

"Y-you!"

"Yes?"

"The voice in my head, it's you. Your voice, it's you."

"Are you sure? I don't think we've met before."

The girl stood up and Yeosang's eyes widened. She was beautiful.

"My name is (Y/n), and you are?"

"Y-yeosang, Kang Yeosang."

"Well, Kang Yeosang, if you ever feel the need to walk to into my bookstore and talk to me about random things, here's my number."

Yeosang took the piece of paper and bowed.

"Oh, uh, I-"

Yeosang shook his head and apologized for stuttering. He left and snuck back into the café.

"Yah! Yeosang! Let's go!"

"On my way!"

He grabbed his drink and followed the boys out of the door. They were laughing lightly and Yeosang could smell the freshly fried chicken. They reached the dorm and the boys devoured the chicken happily.

"Thank you Seonghwa-hyung!"

The boys chimed happily. They all retired to their rooms and Hongjoong jumped up onto Seonghwa's bunk. Yeosang laid down and sighed.

"Goodnight Yeosang."

"Goodnight Seonghwa-hyung, goodnight Hongjoong-hyung."

The lights were shut off and everyone went back to sleep. Except Yeosang, his mind was racing. (Y/n)'s voice, the voice in his head. Nothing made sense. It didn't make sense. They had never met, yet her voice was in his head.

Can you hear those voices?

An eerie laugh echoed in his mind. He couldn't get the image of (Y/n) out of his head. Now he knew who he was hearing. He took out his phone and texted the number.

Are you still awake?

I live in the bookstore, of course I'm awake.

I'm coming over.

Don't leave.

Yeosang got up and snuck out of the dorm, walking to the bookstore. (Y/n) was still sitting behind the counter, reading with book without a title.

"I see you came back. 13 minutes. Astounding record. Most people come back within 10 minutes."

Yeosang took a seat and sighed. (Y/n) looked up for a moment and smirked.

"Tell me more about the voice, Kang Yeosang. I would like to know what my voice is saying in a total stranger's head."