The Love That We Share

"Can I kiss you?"

His voice is soft, dark eyes meeting mine as he sucks at his lower lip. It's just a nervous habit, I know, but I can't help the small pang of sadness I feel over the thought of his lips being marred in any way. I nodded, stepping closer and closing my eyes as his lips met my own in a gentle kiss. He held me tightly as we pulled away, staring into each other's eyes and smiling shyly.

"You're so pretty," I murmured. "My pretty little lumpia."

Josh grinned, his cheeks coloring as he kissed me again. "Say that again."

"My pretty little lumpia..." I said, gently squishing his cheeks as an afterthought.

He took my hand as we finally pulled apart, squeezing it gently and guiding me over to the thinking chair (otherwise known as the only piece of furniture on set). Sitting down with a soft sigh, he pulled me into his lap. It's a tight fit, even with both of us being short, so it takes a few minutes for us to get settled.

"What about your wife?" I asked, looking at him with frightened eyes. "I don't want either of us to get in trouble."

He smiled sadly. "She and I drifted apart after I started doing the show; said I wasn't coming home enough."

I nodded. "Okay. I just wanted to be sure."

"I don't blame you," he said, stroking my cheek with one hand. "Now, where were we?"

"Just about here, I think," I murmured, tracing his lips with two of my fingers and giggling as he began to suck on them. "Joshyyyy...that tickles!"

He smiled apologetically, somehow managing to bring me closer in the process, and brushed some loose hair from my face. "You're adorable; you know that?"

I don't reply, for I'm too caught up in the perfection of his lips. Instead, I kiss him, tangling my hands into his soft hair and closing my eyes in delight as our foreheads touch. I'm just thinking that I want to stay like this forever when he kisses me again, soft and tender and just the tiniest bit sloppy. I sighed, breaking the kiss and resting my head on his chest. "I love you. I know it hasn't been that long yet but I feel like I've known you forever."

He hums in reply, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I know. I feel the same way."

No more words are spoken; there is only us, the thinking chair and the love we share between us.