Fireflies

"Anyway Chris, you should just rest and feel better, I still don't think we need  to all sit down and talk though, the baby won't affect Lindsey and I living with all of you, I promise!" Stevie smiled warmly at Christine.

"Its still a baby Stevie, don't you want to see if that's going to annoy Lindsey, I'd hate to cause tension between you both!" Christine laughed softly, still feeling nervous.

"Chris does have a point, its different for Mick and I to live with Chris, John and the newborn, we have children, you and Lindsey don't and kids and especially babies are a noisy handful!" Jenny chuckled.

"I am telling you, its really truly alright, this is our destiny, fate bought us all together and Linds and I want kids someday anyway, we just needed to get our music career stable first and now we have joined the band things are becoming more stable so don't worry!" Stevie smiled optimistically.

"I  just wanted to make sure, I don't want to cause tension, that's all!" Christine smiled still somewhat nervous about everything, she was even ore anxious than her usual sober state, that was another reason she liked indulging in drugs and alcohol because she actually was anxious a lot of a time, especially when conversing with people and she felt all that triple the amount now with the pregnancy and how unwell she felt and she moved closer to Jenny.

Jenny stroked her hair gently sensing how nervous she was becoming again "You wont cause tension, its truly alright, I should leave you though, you must be tired and stressed, just focus on relaxing and everything, I can even get you a chamomile tea if you like?" Stevie smiled gently, also sensing how nervous Christine was becoming.

"I'd like that, thank you!" Christine smiled back, warmed by how kind and caring Stevie was and also wondering if she somehow sensed how anxious she was becoming.

"No problem, I will go get it ready now and I can even try and suss out Lindsey's view about the baby if you want, some less stress!" Stevie smiled, trying to offer as much support as she could.

Christine was too unwell still too really overthink much more and was just grateful for the younger woman's offer "Thank you, I'd like that!" She nodded.

"That's great then, I will go and do it now, so rest and relax while I do!" Stevie giggled and then left the room.

"See its all going to be fine!" Jenny soothed to Christine once Stevie had left the room.

"Maybe!" Christine chuckled softly, still unsure as she curled back up and instantly began to fall asleep again.

Stevie was glad to find Lindsey sat alone smoking a joint while Mick and John seemed to be elsewhere, bumbling about in the kitchen and she took that as the chance to try and bring up the baby to Lindsey "Linds!" She smiled, sitting down beside him and resting her hand on his leg.

"Yeah, finished having a lesbian hook-up with their wives?" He teased and Stevie rolled her eyes, playfully hitting his arm, even though she knew he clearly was right with his earlier suspicions about how obviously their soon to be housemates were all in some type of relationship together.

"I was seeing if Chris was ok, I have to make her a tea!" Stevie smiled, trying to think of how to say about the pregnancy and she bit her lip, then blurted out "How do you feel about babies?"

Lindsey choked and spluttered as he took a puff of his joint "We're having one?" He asked wide eyed as he stared at Stevie.

Stevie wasn't horrified by his reaction, just in case they ever did have an accident like that, she knew he didn't seem angry at least, just worried "Not yet that I'm aware of!" She giggled and watched as he finally exhaled.