Chapter 2: The Gift

Hello, everyone !

I'm back with the second chapter :D

I hope you enjoy reading it as well~

Disclaimer: I thank Plutus and Spoon for bringing this story alive :D

*

"Honestly, where have you been today?"

Athanasia blinked as Lucas appeared in front of her and squatted on the balcony's railing. "Nowhere?"

"Where did you get this from." Lucas muttered as he touched Athanasia's forehead lightly and flicked his fingers.

"Another dirt?"

"So, where have you been?" Lucas asked again.

"Nowhere." Athanasia said. "Do you think Dad would let me out of the palace?"

"Then, who did you see today?"

"The same people as the usual." Athanasia said. "What is it with you?"

"Nah." Lucas said and whirled his finger. "Go to bed and sleep. And here, listen to some music."

"Why are you always forcing me to sleep?" Athanasia grumbled.

"It's late already." Lucas simply said as he sat down on the railing.

"Fine." Athanasia closed her eyes. "Good night, Lucas."

Lucas didn't respond and instead fixed his gaze on the sleeping princess. Didn't matter how many times she said she wasn't sleepy, she would always fall asleep the moment she closed her eyes. Lucas stood up and walked slowly towards Athanasia. He took a few strands of her long hair in his hold and it glowed.

As always, he could see a brown-haired lady inside of the princess's body but that wasn't what caught his attention. From the moment he saw her, her jewel eyes were enchanting him and her golden hair were mesmerizing him.

But above all, her smile was what he really loved to see.

Whenever he saw her smile, Lucas felt warm. It was as if there was a small sun inside of him, lifting his spirit up every day and made his day. When he was away to find the Sacred World Tree, her smile was what he was looking for to see when he returned.

But what awaits him were beyond of his expectations. Instead of being greeted by Athanasia's smiling face, he was greeted by her tears. How annoying is that. When he knew that Blackie was gone, Lucas knew instantly that the divine animal had been absorbed back to the princess's body. But how was that possible? All these years, he made sure to put protective spells on Athanasia while maintaining her mana in order to prevent Blackie's sudden absorption.

Who on earth could break his spell?

But, Lucas is Lucas. All he wanted to see was Athanasia's smile, so he did what he had to do. He restored the king's memories and thus, reuniting Athanasia with her dad and assuring her that she could stay in the palace without anymore worries. The place where he could always see her. The place where she was supposed to be.

Lucas stared at the glowing hair and let out a small smile. He let go of the hair and it stopped glowing, then leaned a little closer.

"Good night, Athy."

*

Athanasia felt so weak. She couldn't move a muscle.

"I knew you're a trouble." A voice reached her ears from within the darkness. "I shouldn't have left you alive."

What? What was he saying? Why did his voice sounded so muffled?

A cold hand was placed below her chin and her face was lifted. But Athanasia's sight blurred, her body felt so weak and she was in pain.