16

So the six boys and one squirrel headed out. The squirrel was a pretty sassy one that got very curious over the car.

"So you put this liquid, and it runs?" The squirrel said.

"Yes," Jisung sighed. The squirrel has been pestering him with questions from the beginning.

"You know, we are going to run out soon?" Chenle said, eyeing the last bottle of petrol. Whoever's been using this car was really well prepared. They had started out with six.

"Yeap, we might as well use it well, till it actually finishes," Jaemin said.

"So when this thing doesn't have this liquid, it can't run?" The squirrel scoffed. "How useless,"

"You have not idea how resourceful is this,"

The squirrel eyed the car again. "Yeap I'm not buying it,"

A few moments later.

"Holy shit this is amazingggg," The squirrel was saying as he sat on Renjun's shoulder, looking outside the rolled window. The foreign feeling of the fast strong air hitting him made him excited and made the other six laugh.

"And someone said this was useless," Chenle muttered.

"Shut up squirrel molester!"

"I don't even want to molest squirrels wtf," Chenle pulled a face. Jisung just laughed. Chenle really had the cutest expressions.

He felt a face looking at him and he turned to the back, to see Jeno wriggling his eyes at him, laughing when Jisung gave him the middle finger.

Donghyuck, who was sitting in the passenger's seat, looked outside. The spring forest was so beautiful. It's just like how'd you expect. Pretty sunshine hitting the blossoming flowers just right. In fact, it was even more breathtaking. Donghyuck couldn't stop staring at the beautiful scenery.

Jaemin was looking outside. He was still thinking about Mark, and he was feeling very tired. He just couldn't believe he will never see his best friend and also crush ever again. He wanted to cry but he knew it would worry everyone, so he took a deep breath and calmed down.

Jeno watched Jaemin shudder. He knew how Jaemin was actually feeling. He may seem fine in front of everyone but he showed signs in their long rides so only Jeno truly knew.

He put an arm around Jaemin's broad shoulders. "You okay?"

Jaemin quietly shook his head, knowing he would tear up if he spoke.

"It's okay Jaemin, you got us," Jeno said, rubbing his shoulders. Jaemin sighed and hummed, lying his head on Jeno's shoulders.

"Now turn left!" The squirrel shouted at Renjun's ears. 

"You could scream any louder?" Renjun scowled at the squirrel as he made a turn to the left. The array of flowers were endless and it made the poor boy a little dizzy.

"Is the spring valley much more farther?"

"Actually, we have already crossed a quarter of the journey so it shouldn't be that far,"

"W-Wait a minute!" Jisung cried out, making Renjun halt.

"What?" Chenle looked at him.

"Look, over there," He pointed beyond a couple of trees. There, in their grand white cloaks, stood the wise men. They seemed to be discussing about something among themselves.

"Those guys really need a choke hold from Renjun," Donghyuck looked at Renjun playfully. Renjun just scoffed and hit the boy, smiling.

"Okay stop flirting, you guys know those men?"

"Yup, they had caused us a lot of trouble," Jeno scoffed.

"And losing a friend," Jaemin sighed. 

"They are trouble, they have all the four season forests under their wing," the squirrel sighed. "They still don't know I exist yet but when they do, I'll be pelting them with my apples!"

"How do you know their trouble?"

"They almost wiped out all the squirrels here, since they wanted the nuts. How selfish,"

"Wait what? How many squirrels are there now?" Chenle asked.

"Just me, some cousins and an uncle," The squirrel shrugged. "I would say about 10?"

"Oh god, I'm so sorry," Chenle said putting a hand out to pat the squirrel, but the squirrel hit his hand. 

"Don't touch me you squirrel molester!!"

"I DON'T EVEN WANT TO MOLEST SQUIRRELS!"

"Shushhhh," Donghyuck said to them. "They might hear us,"

"What are we doing here? Let's go," the squirrel said.

"Do you think, they're keeping Mark alive somewhere?" Renjun asked in a low voice. Jeno shrugged. 

"How would we find him?"

"How about, I go eavesdrop on what they are saying?" the squirrel said. "I could hide in that trunk. I know a few holes I can hide in,"

"You sure?" Jaemin said, worried. "What if they catch you?"

"They won't, you're talking to a professional!"

"Okay," Donghyuck said. "You could go, but only if you want to,"

"Saving a person in trouble sounds like my cup of tea,"

Jisung grinned. "That's an interesting choice of words,"

"Go, before they leave," Renjun said. "Stay safe!"

"Okayyy"

The squirrel ran towards the trees. It was quiet, but fast, and soon enough, he entered a small hole, able to hear their words clearly.

"Those six boys must be around here somewhere,"

"But they could have found a way back?"

"There is no portal to be opened around here, the only ones I can think of is the spring portal and the one near the autumn lake,"

"When do those open?"

"It depends,"

"No way six humans can open that right? They should be around somewhere,"

"Will they be coming back? For their friend?"

"We have guards with that boy back at Winter forest. If anything, they would inform us,"

"Ah, our trustworthy ravens, what would we do without them," They laughed.

"Speaking of which, we could use him, as bait,"

"What do you mean?"

"We lure them with that boy, once unarmed, we'll attack,"

"Yeap, and then our sacrifice to the gods above will be finished, and prosperity shall shine above us all,"

They talked about irrelevant stuff before leaving. The squirrel approached the six boys with a frown on it's face.

"What?"

"They are still on the lookout for you six," The squirrel started before explaining everything to them.

"Oh god....." Jaemin said, worried about Mark. Everyone was also worried. If they would want to save him, they'd have to do it carefully. One wrong move can cost them their lives.

So.... I just finished my exams and I'll try my best to keep updating! Sorry for the long hiatus :(((

Also thank you all so much for the support! This book's plot is literally everywhere and I apologize for that. Thank you so much for the votes and comments I love y'all :))))