Chapter 2. Diagon Alley ☾

Harry stood up on the platform on Madame Malkins, considering his trip down memory lane that last few days. He had forgotten how funny it was to see Dudley with pig's tail. As he stood there thinking about the last few days, He shuddered as he heard the familiar voice rang out.

"Potter" Harry looked back to see Draco standing there, with a smirk on his face. He looked around to ensure nobody else was listening before he countered,

"Malfoy" Harry bit back the coming response as it could be construed as offensive,

"Have you considered what Time and Fate had to say" said Harry, Draco looked back at Harry , one eyebrow quirked.

"That we must become friends this time around?" Harry rolled his eyes. "Yes, that" Malfoy yawned as if bored with this conversation.

"I suppose" he drawled. He held out his hand. "Will you accept my hand this time?"

Harry smirked "I guess I could be troubled to exert the energy required to shake your hand" he joked as he shook his hands.

"That's a lot of words. Didn't know you had that many in you." Draco scoffed as Madame Malkin walked in.

"Hogwarts dear?" she asked Harry. He nodded. "Well then, let's just take off your shirt so we can accurate the measurement for your clothes" she explained as she begin to take his shirt over his head. Draco looked over about to start another conversation when he saw there were bruises and scares over his back. Why does Potter have those bruises and those scars? Draco queried to himself as he turned back to let his seamstress work on his robes.

The boys made polite conversation as they were measured. Near the end, Draco decided to quench his curiosity.

"So Potter how do you come across those scars?" Draco asked.

Harry paused and shifted nervously. "It's...my uncle. He just...gets a little frustrated, sometimes, He can't help it. It's nothing." he quickly added. Draco gaped. Could the survivor of the wizarding world not be as pampered as he originally thought?

At this point, Draco jumped of his pedestal.

"Well, Harry, we'll have to write over the summer. What's your address?" Draco asked

"Number Four, Privet Drive, Surrey." Harry said, still looking down.

"Great I'll owl you. And tell me whenever your uncle gets...frustrated." Draco commanded quietly.

When Draco got home, The first thing he do was to run up his bedroom to compose a letter to Harry. He wasn't sure what he was gonna say, so he had to throw the parchment out a couple of times. Eventually he came up with something, he was willing to send his new...friend.

Harry,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. I am fine, but I thought I will owl you right away so I do not forgot, I was wondering, what exactly happened this year? It would be nice to know, you know. Anyway, If we could get on the same parchment that would be helpful.

Hope you're enjoying your summer,

Draco

Draco however got his reply very soon in the morning .

Draco,

Yes it probably is a good idea that we share the same...parchment. I am fine thank you. I may not reply as quickly as did today. Uncle gets frustrated when his meals is late and the house isn't clean.

Anyway we need to know about this year: Hagrid already grabbed the Philosopher's Stone as he helped me get my money from the vault. Dumbledore was very conspicuous, sending Hagrid tp collect it with a very curious eleven-old-year-wizard

After you didn't show up for the duel (which I am very thankful for) Ron, Hermione and I had to dodge Flich and Mrs. Norris. That's when we met Fluffy, Now I know what you're thinking: who's Fluffy? sound like nice cuddly, friendly right?. Wrong. Fluffy's a Cerberus. A GIANT THREE HEADED DOG named Fluffy guards a trapdoor that lead to the Philosopher's Stone. Throughout the year, we tried to solve the Three-headed-puzzle that was Fluffy and the trapdoor. When we finally figured out someone was trying to steal it, and we needed to stop them.

There were five obstacle we had to get past through to get the stone. The first was Devil's Snare, which Hermione got thought easily. The second was winged keys that I had to grab with a rusty broom. The third was, well, lets say you can play chess because Ron got us out of that human-sized-chessboard. Forth was a troll that was already unconscious and fifth was a logic puzzle created nu Professor Snape.

I don't like to talk what happened after that. Well lets just say Quirrell died, I got the Stone and Voldemort left in spectral form.

So, yeah. That's all happened this year. I should be going now get ready for bed and all.

Talk to you soon,

Harry

Draco stopped, thought for a moment, and then started writing. Soon, he sent Hedwig away. The sun was setting off, he sat back and thought about the upcoming year. Maybe, just maybe. Harry would be a good friend to have.

Harry went to bed, smirking, thinking about how just a few weeks ago, That thought would have seemed ludicrous. The next evening harry received a reply to his last letter. He had to keep himself from smirking as he read it. Yes, this definitely seemed a strange turn of events, befriending Draco.

Dear Scarhead

Who the heck names a Cerberus FLUFFY? I think the stone was pretty important if Dumbledork decided it behind a three headed dog and a troll. Better yet, why did he have to hide it in a school full of CHILDREN? I don't think he thought that completely.

Why should your Uncle care if you are writing a letter to your friend? How does that keep dinner from being made and cleaning the house? He doesn't made YOU do them, does he? MERLIN Potter, If he make you work like a house-elf, I am going to come there myself and...and I don't know what I'll do, But it will just be as cruel and unusual as treating a young wizard as a slave.

Have you thought that anyone else has the memories or we are the only two?

Anyway, awaiting your reply,

Draco

Harry had to laugh. Maybe Malfoy would be a good friend. He had to grimace, though, as he looked at the heading. Was that the game he wanted to play? Harry smirked. Well, it was a game two could play. He started his reply.

Dear Ferret

I am really starting to question Dumbledore's involvement in my life, I mean, He suspected many things about my life for how long and he never thought to tell me?. Well, in answer to your question considering Fluffy, who thought it was a good idea to introduce us to a hippogriff in third year?

Don't do anything stupid like come and recuse me in a flying car. Tried it, do not want to do it again.

Eagerly waiting for you reply,

Harry

And so summer went. Harry and Draco continued to write letters to one and another. Harry would usually let Draco know in some fashion if Uncle Vernon was "frustrated" or not and Draco try to tell some funny stories about his conversation with Crabbe and Goyel. He had to wonder if Harry would make it to the train if his Uncle would get anymore "frustrated". For the first time ever, Draco was worried about someone besides his family.

NEWWW CHAPTERRRR, HOW ARE YOU GUYSSSS? PLEASEEEE VOTEEE AND COMMENT AND STAY UPDATED FORRR MOREEEE.