Is This Love?

"Um, my backstory?" Shit what do I say? "It's honestly not that interesting, trust me."

She raised her left eyebrow tauntingly. "Are you sure about that? You look like someone with a hell of a backstory."

What do I say? I remember talking to her when I first met her about my life but not like in depth. Shit shit shit I'm sweating oh god I'm sweating.

"Okay, my backstory. Well, um, I wasn't raised in a very good house. My parents were, how do I put this nicely, jackasses. They were very controlling and manipulative." So that's where I get it from. "I didn't have the best childhood. The only thing good that I can remember is going to Disney World when I was, like, seven." My hands started to shake. Why am I so nervous? I'm a great liar. Even though the things I just told her weren't lies, it just wasn't the whole truth.

"I love disney!" She exclaimed loudly, making the entire restaurant look at us. Not even exaggerating. "I went there about two years ago with my little sister. Her name's Sofia." Then she smiled.

Wow. That smile really brightens up a room, doesn't it? Like holy shit. Her smile made me smile, then we both started laughing. Not very loud though, just small giggles here and there.

"So Lauren, I have a question for you." it's like her eyes were piercing into my soul. Is she a mind reader? Is she trying to read my mind?

"Okay shoot."

"Why do you wear those contacts?"

What? I turn away from her eyes, looking down at my plate, trying to figure out an answer.

Oh shit. I'm fucked. I'm sure my face went pale, well I mean paler than usual, at that question. How could she tell? I haven't said anything have I?

I look up and meet her eyes. They don't look judgmental, just curious. "Um, I wear them because, uh, I don't really like my normal eye color." I stutter out. Great fucking answer, dumbass.

I see something flash in her eyes before she looks down, letting out a small "oh" in response.

"Are you oka-"

"Are you guys ready to order?" The waiter asked us, interrupting me. I look up to find that it's the same guy that was checking Camila out earlier. God can this kid just leave us alone?

As I ordered, I could see him checking Camila out, and she was doing nothing about it. He literally looks prepubescent and she's not stopping him. God how I want to bash his brains in right now.

"You know, it's kinda rude to not be paying attention when someone's ordering" I hear Camila say, breaking the kid out of his trance, "my girlfriend and I just want a nice dinner and you're over here being a weirdo. Can you please get someone else to take our order please or else I'll have to talk to your manager."

Damn she went full Karen on his ass.

I did feel a little sorry for him though because he looked so embarrassed, but all he said was "I'll be right back" and just left. I didn't even get to finish ordering.

I looked at her in somewhat disbelief. I didn't think she would have the balls to do that.

She met my eyes, blushing a little from frustration, or maybe she was flush because she was out of breath. Now that I look back, I don't think she took a breath while saying that. Anyway, when she met my eyes, she smiled. "What?" She questioned.

"Nothing. I just didn't think you had it in you." I replied. "And girlfriend? I don't recall ever asking you or being asked." I said with a playful grin, making her laugh.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped anything, it's just that I wanted him to go away and it seemed like a logical thing to do."

Is it bad that I was upset with that answer? I don't know what's wrong with me, but when she said it was just to get him to go away my heart sunk. Like I was disappointed. I can't feel like this. I have too much on the line and too many secrets. I can't fall in love. Not now. Not ever. She almost killed Lucy, I can't just let her get away with that, if I'm in love or not.

We talked for a little while more. I started to feel tipsy from all of the wine that I drank, but you could tell that Camila was gone. Absolutely wasted. It was kind of funny actually. When I asked for the check, she put a pout on her face.

"Do we not get to order dessert?"

That made my heart beat just a little faster.

"Not right now, babygirl." Babygirl? Why did that just come out of my mouth? We'll blame it on the alcohol.

She then had a sly smile on her face and said "I guess you'll just have to give me my dessert later."

I don't know what to feel right now. Not even joking, when she said that, I got hard. Maybe it's because she's so fucking sexy, or maybe the alcohol in my system is making things weird right now, but I'm now sporting a raging hard on and I don't know what to do.

Eventually, I paid the check and she and I stumbled out of the restaurant, because I'm definitely more than tipsy now. After her dessert comment, I chugged the rest of her and my wine.

"Wait, when you do need to be home by?" I slurred, trying to look at her but only finding a blurry blob.

"It doesn't matter. I don't got work tomorrow!"

That made me feel a little warmer inside. Once my vision cleared up a little, I found Camila looking up at the stars with a small smile on her face. She looked beautiful under the moonlight. Then, I got a fantastic idea.

"Wanna go to the top of that building?" I said, pointing at a tall hotel across from the restaurant.

She looked at me weirdly, like I had just said "wanna go drink out of the sewer?"

She replied with a small "why?" and I think that was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Don't fall in love. But I just can't seem to care right now.

"So that we can star gaze, and try to pick out different constellations." I honestly love star gazing. I find nature so beautiful, just like her.

"Sure." she answered, grabbing my hand and running across the street into the building.

It took so long to get up the stairs to the roof. We would stumble up stairs every once and awhile, then laugh our asses off like it was the funniest thing in the world. Have I told you that her laugh is like a melody in my ears? It's gorgeous like the rest of her. I'm kind of jealous.

Once we finally got to the roof, we laid down and just looked up at the stars. I felt content for the first time in a long time. I wasn't thinking about how I'm going to go home to a trailer full of criminals, including myself. I wasn't thinking about how my eyes are all over the news. I wasn't thinking about how shitty my life has been. All I could seem to think about was how warm her hand felt in mine.

Every once and a while I would look over at her and already find her looking at me. We would hold eye contact then I would usually be the one to break it by looking back up at the stars.

"Beautiful" she whispered looking up at the stars.

"Yeah the stars are beautiful." I replied.

"No, I meant you. You're beautiful."

Wow. That made me feel all giddy inside.

Is this love? It can't be. I still have to get revenge. I can't fall in love. I can't fall in love.