FIVE

For Percy, it seemed that life just seemed to be getting better and better, but loss and sorrow but at the back of her mind. Small thoughts like the fact that her mother would never see her get married since she'd been dead for a long time now. So had all of her demigod friends. She knew she'd meet them in Elysium, she just hoped she'd meet her mother and Paul there as well.

It had been a few months since she got engaged, and now she and Roy has decided to start planning the wedding. Percy wasn't one for planning, but she doubted she could just wing it like she did with most things. This was a wedding after all.

They hadn't gotten very far. They just knew they wanted to get married by the ocean. But they had plenty to plan. And maybe they'd be able to plan a bit faster if Luke didn't keep distracting them.

The dog was one of the cutest things Percy had ever seen. It would roll around on the floor and bark at her. But not the loud bark that would come from Mrs. O'Leary. They were quieter. If she was asked to describe pure adorableness with sounds she'd just play a recording of Luke's barking.

"Percy!" Roy called from the kitchen where he was making dinner. Percy wasn't very good at it, but she did it every now and then but it was often Roy who made lunch and dinner. When it came to breakfast, it was just to put yogurt, bread, cheese, and butter on the table. But sometimes she'd make an omelet - a blue omelet, of course. "Can you take Luke out for a walk?"

"Sure!" Percy called back. She grabbed the leash and attached it to Luke's collar. She grabbed her coat, put on her shoes, and left the apartment.

The autumn air was crisp and the sun shone on the brown leaves. It was rather windy, and Percy's hair flew everywhere. Something she didn't like.

"Fun, wind. I just love getting my hair in my eyes," she muttered to herself. She walked to the closest park with Luke and there they walked. Luke found sticks to chew on and piles of leaves to jump in, and Percy found it entraining. Well, until he started kicking leaves in her face. After that, they quickly moved from the pile of leaves, and Percy quickly found that this just wasn't her day.

Luke decided to jump around in puddles, and by the time they'd returned to the apartment she had leaves in her hair and water and mud all over her clothes and in her face. And to add to that, her hair was a giant mess and Luke, well, he was soaking.

She quickly stepped inside and rushed to the bathroom with Luke, so that he wouldn't get the floors all muddy. Both she and Roy hated to clean. Once she reached the bathroom she put Luke in the bathtub and washed him. Once she had done that, she sent him out and took a shower.

After she had showered and changed into something clean. Just a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. Then she ate dinner with Roy and explained what had happened during the walk with Luke, and they'd laughed about it.

After dinner, they took care of the dishes together. They sat down on the living room couch and put on a movie on the TV. It was something they did almost every evening. Percy grabbed a bag of popcorn from the pantry and poured it into a bowl for the two of them. It was nice, and Percy really enjoyed life right now.

I'm sorry it's been so short, and it's just a filler chapter, but I promise that after this, things are gonna start happening. Also, I hope everyone's staying safe now with the Corona virus. I truly hope it'll pass soon, but I don't know. My dad says it'll get worse before it gets better.