3. Locations

Nina Williams lifted the window of her apartment flat and stepped inside. A sigh of relief left her bright red lips as she began to dismantle and discard the bloodied and tattered wedding dress. She found it hard to believe that her sister Anna would pick out the dress she did. If there was one thing she hated more than Anna herself, it would be her fashion sense. And her taste in men.

After a quick rinse in the shower, Nina went onto her laptop to check up on her contract. The case file had a large heading, COMPLETED.

The blonde smiled confidently as a notification popped up in the corner. In her email, there was an online check with a handsome amount of money. It would last her three months or so, according to her math. To congratulate herself, she went to the small kitchen and poured herself a glass of expensive white wine mixed with scotch. Not only had another successful mission been completed, but she also got under Anna's skin in the process. She had done many things to irk Anna all her life, but killing her fiancé was most likely going to be the boiling point for her.

"Can't wait to see what sweet little Anna does next," Nina mused to herself as she went back to the laptop to shut it down. Before she could even touch the power button, another email came up on the screen. Another contract hit.

Nina took a long sip of her drink as she pondered about opening it. After the wine was all gone, she placed the glass down and made her decision.

Why not.

After clicking the icon, a background file of the target appeared, along with a closed picture.

Age: 20

Sex: Female

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 100 lbs

Origin: China

Current Residence: Kyoto

Occupation: Student, Martial Artist

Nina scanned the file thoroughly, not missing one piece of information. In her profession, every bit of information was crucial.

Born and raised in China, traveled to Japan at the age of 16. That same year began attending Mishima Polytechnic High School(ultimately expelled). She has since graduated from Kyoto International School(KIS) and is currently attending Kyoto University. Resides in dorm 74.

Then, one sentence caught her attention.

Has participated in 5 of  7 King of Iron Fist Tournaments.

Nina immediately scrolled back up to load the picture. Once the face popped up on the screen, Nina found the visage to be very familiar.

A young girl with a bright smile and pigtails.

Ling Xiaoyu.

Nina frowned in confusion.

Why would anybody want to make a hit on her?

Usually, she never questioned the motives or circumstances behind a contract, but this one was very far-fetched. Not to mention the price.

$70,000 US.

How does a schoolgirl have the same price as a political figure? Nina thought.

She clicked on Xiaoyu's main photo which opened up to a small album of more photos. Secret snapshots that were taken without her knowledge. Pictures of her through a window, daydreaming at her desk in class. Another of her walking through a crowded downtown street. Another of her training in a dojo. The most recent one, taken two weeks ago: she was walking through an airport.

"Seems like you have a lot on your mind," Nina said to the picture out loud, noticing Xiaoyu's absentminded and tired expression.

Though, after only a second of thinking it over, Nina shrugged off any concerns and continued to scroll down to complete and apply to the contract. It was typical information.

A detailed description of the subject's current whereabouts, time schedule, and the desired date of the hit.

The next day.

Nina was currently in Kyoto, planning to go to Hawaii with her earnings. After this hit, she could have double her earnings, ultimately leading to a longer, well-earned and needed vacation.

Nina clicked on confirm.

***

Jin Kazama woke up. He glanced around, trying to understand where he was. The sound of a heart monitor reached his ears and as he turned, saw the machine, tracing his steady heartbeat.

The room around him resembled a medical facility, but it gave off the vibe that it really wasn't one.

Then, the door slid open, revealing Lee and Lars.

"Excellent! You're finally awake. Did you enjoy your nap?" Lee asked, clapping his hands in a slow manner.

"It seems like he did," Lars added sarcastically, noticing his nephew's disoriented state as he tried to sit up.

"Where am I?" Jin asked, rubbing his throbbing temples.

"In the heart of my pride and joy, Violet Systems," Lee stated proudly, his arm behind his back and pacing around the room. "With the generous bounty on your head, we figured it would be best to hide you in a well-armed place from your father."

Jin rolled his eyes, even with them closed. He couldn't care less about the fortune that hovered over him, courtesy of Kazuya. All he wanted was his son's cursed powers. And judging by the tattoo that was still branded on his upper arm, his Devil Gene remained, although he was successful in defeating Azazel. Had his powers not been of the Devil himself and Kazuya being the Devil's advocate, Jin would gladly throw his curse away. Over the last few years, Jin went from wishing he never learned the Mishima fighting style to not being of the Mishima bloodline to flat-out wishing that he had never been born at all. He knew that mindset would upset a select number of people: his mother and Xiaoyu. Maybe Nina and Hwoarang too, but not as significantly.

"Even if he did want to go somewhere, it would be pretty hard considering the state of the outside world. It seems G Corporation is picking up where you left off, Jin," Lars explained.

"What do you mean?"

"Kazuya has gone and invaded both the Mishima Zaibatsu  and G Corp. He's now at the edge of world domination."

Jin wasn't surprised to hear that. In fact, he had expected it. What he didn't expect was to still be alive.

"This is on you, Jin. You're the one who started this war. You're the one who has to stop it," Lars went on.

Jin stood up and looked at both of his uncles with a solemn face. "Tell me something I don't know."