chapter 3 | wings

Imagine me having a posting schedule I swear to god. As I was rereading the last chapter I got a little excited when I thought of how I could continue the story so all imma say is... angst!deancas ^_^

dean
_________

It was about 2am and Dean was starving. He was tired of hearing Sam's gasping or laptop clicking nosies. He didn't even want to know what he was doing because he was too annoyed with his own thoughts. Just thinking about the single thought how all of his life he's had to battle and deal with supernatural creatures that kids would only believe, and now angels were getting thrown into the mix? How would it even be possible? He really couldn't ask that because a lot of things were impossible in his life, but now his belief system was being played with here.

do angels really exist?

He hated this feeling in his gut telling him to do some research on it, while his mind was telling him something completely different. God some fresh air and a snack did sound nice to him and his stomach though.

Dean stood up from the bed he was laying on and grabbed a 5 dollar bill from his wallet and started heading towards the door until he heard his little brother's voice call out to him, "wait where are you going?" Sam said, not even bothering to look up at Dean but he didn't want to bug him about it when he had his own things on his mind. He sounded stress of some kind but made his voice sound a bit infuriated when Dean didn't see any reason to be.

"I'm just going out to get some candy and chips calm down man, I'm just starving." Dean hoped he didn't sound aggressive because little did he want to start an argument this late at night. Which made him grateful for Sam shrugging it off and continuing his work while Dean escaped the motel room and headed towards the vending machines.

Something didn't feel right.

While the thoughts still ran through his head of the angel he had seen in his dream, he felt like something wasn't right. It was way too quiet, not even a cricket could be heard. Though Dean never left anywhere with a trusty gun stored somewhere around him, he had this nervous feeling hover over him. Maybe it was just an after shock of everything?

As he now stood in front of the vending machine, he looked around to make sure no demon creatures or vampires would pop up out of nowhere as he would be getting his Cheeto Puffs and Snickers bar. Coast was clear.

As he inserted his five dollar bill into the machine and pressed the numbers into the keypad, he still felt shaken up. Something definitely didn't feel right about being there at that moment.

Dean waited for both items to drop to the opening of the machine, grabbed them both and walked over to the Imapa. He sat at the drivers side and sat there for about a good 5 minutes before deciding to text Sam he's going on a drive around to clear his head. His conscious was telling him he needed a good drive around to start feeling like everything was normal, but what had changed? He was still the same Dean, just had a bad dream and magically healed up at the hospital from all the pain he was in and neither did his brother see anything cool come through into the room. So what was the catch? Was it a demon pretending just to mess with his mind? What was the goal? Why the Winchester's of all people? There were many unanswered questions Dean had in store if the so angel existed, instead Dean drove off into the town and started eating his snickers bar.

As he passed by a diner, he started speaking more loudly about his thoughts. "Angels? Bullshit. No way in hell would an angel try to help save me or Sam," he said with a chuckle escaping him. "Well Sam I could see why but me? That's literally impossible. Demons exist. I've seen them, I've defeated and killed multiple but angels? Where were they at or doing then? Where were they when huge wars were going on or where people actually needed the help? This is fucking insane the fact I'm even considering this idea that they are real." He took another mouth full of his snickers bar, "but then what about my shoulder? This shit doesn't make any sense anymore."