beginning

hollywoodreporter

hollywoodreporter.com

New face in Hollywood to play Gwen Stacey in the Marvel Cinematic Universe 

May 28th, 2018

When the news of spider-man gaining a new movie hit, the internet went crazy. Especially when we think about how sad the finale for the last Avengers (Endgame) was. 

It's not shocking that people are desperate to see how Peter Parker will react to the events that follow Thanos' battle. They also want to know how MJ, who fans think is an Easter egg to the iconic character Mary Jane from the comics, will fit into the story, now that she aged 5 years and Peter continues to be 16. 

With that being said, Marvel might just have found their solution! 

Earlier this day, a statement was given that a new face to the movie industry, Julia Maye, has been cast to play Gwen Stacey in the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home movie. 

For those who are not familiar with Gwen, she was previously played by Emma Stone, who did justice to her original story. She is a blonde, nerdy, powerful women, who gets to date Peter before they go off to collage. 

As for Julia, there is not much we know about her. She is 21 years old, she was born in Brasil, before moving to Portugal and finally NYC for college; and she is a huge Marvel and DC fan. Her dream has also been acting in a Hollywood production, and being adopted by batman, if her Instagram is anything to get by. 

Tell what you think about this news! Any theories? 

Related articles

Tom Holland casted in the Russos Brothers' next production

10 upcoming actress to watch out for

-

Comments [2]

Anonymous 

Never saw her, I wish we had Zendaya back.

-

Anonymous 

I thought Gwen was supposed to be blonde?