Nausea

Byleth felt sick.

She had woken up in to a queasy stomach and a tired outlook. It must have been something she ate, because she felt absolutely awful.

What was up with her lately?

Byleth wouldn't lie, normally she laid in bed for a little bit before setting off, but the urge to vomit just grew stronger. Byleth groggily picked herself up, stumbling to find a bucket just in case she did indeed need to throw up.

Once she had grabbed a bucket, she fell back into bed with a huff. Just getting up had made her feel extremely dizzy. She didn't want to ask for another off-day; as a queen, Byleth knew she needed to appear strong. But lately, she had just been feeling so awful.

Byleth had never been sick before, so she figured this was probably exactly what it was. It sucked, to be completely honest, and the worst part was that she needed to be moving during this time being. She couldn't afford to take a break.

Unfortunate timing it was indeed.

Byleth closed her eyes, feeling another fresh wave of unpleasant rumbles in her stomach. Maybe she should go see a medic; no, she shouldn't, she was a leader!

If you don't get out of this bed and get help, I might force you myself! Byleth could picture Sothis yelling at her, and she chuckled slightly. She missed the Goddess inside of her head; she often pretended Sothis was still there so that she could talk to someone during times like these.

Alright, fine, Sothis. You win.

Byleth pushed herself out of bed, immediately grabbing her bucket as her stomach twisted and turned. She couldn't help it; she began to vomit, thankful that she had at least grabbed a bucket and that she wouldn't have to clean this up later.

Byleth wiped her mouth with her sleeve, feeling absolutely disgusting. She had planned on changing out of her pajamas, but she didn't think she could afford to waste any time. Byleth hobbled out of her room, dumping the bucket in the waste pile. She quickly continued on her way to the infirmary, hoping no one would witness her. It was thankfully still early in the morning, so no one was really around.

Byleth walked into the infirmary, wiping a hand across her flushed forehead. She called out to the physician, who was reading a book labeled "All This Time".

"Manuela?" The nurse looked up from her book, immediately setting it down after seeing Byleth's pallid state.

"Goodness, Professor!" Manuela stood and helped Byleth to a bed, where she was finally allowed to rest. "You look awful. Tell me, what's wrong?"

"I think I'm just sick," Byleth panted as Manuela felt her temperature. "I woke up feeling like I had to throw up."

"Well, you don't have a fever," Manuela frowned, fiddling with the blankets. "Maybe just some indigestion problems, then. Rest up, dearie. You should feel better in no time."

"Er...I don't know if this has anything to do with my nausea, but I've been feeling really run down lately," Byleth pulled the sheets over her, closing her eyes. "Just...extremely fatigued. Probably unrelated, but.."

"No, no," Manuela reassured her, pushing a strand of Byleth's hair behind her ear. "I'll look into it while you sleep. Just rest, alright?"

"Will do," Byleth promised, feeling herself sink into the cushions. This wasn't good-having both her and Rhea down would send people into a panic. Poor Seteth and her Golden Deer would have to handle everything...

Hopefully, when she awoke, everything would be better.

———

It only seemed like a minute, but when Byleth next opened her eyes, she could hear multiple voices lingering above her. Byleth slowly opened her eyes, revealing the worried faces of her Golden Deer.

"Professor!" Hilda exclaimed, looking slightly more disheveled. Her hair had a couple of noticeable knots in it, and she wore a much more casual outfit than usual. "What's wrong? Are you feeling alright?"

"Much better now," Byleth nodded truthfully, glad that the urge to vomit was now gone. She still felt tired, but with al the work she was doing, she assumed that was natural. "Thanks for your concern, but I'm alright."

"Oh, thank goodness!" Manuela strode over once she heard the commotion, tapping her riding crop on the side of Byleth's bed. "Seteth was all up in arms once he found out you weren't feeling well. Then these kids started rioting, and..well, I'm glad you're better."

"You and me both."

Byleth hoped that this was only temporary. She wasn't sure she could deal with waking up and feeling terrible every single morning.

Byleth was tired of being sick, and it had only been a morning.

She hoped that she'd get better soon...so that she never had to go through this ever again.