Chapter One

I woke up. Smelled nothing but the Breeze of outside. Growing up in District 4 means I have to train in an academy until I'm eighteen but if your reaped before then, you have to go in the games.

I've become pretty talented with a Trident and Spear. Which would probably help me in the arena. Also My father usually is never home so most of the time, I have to eat fish. Or sardines, which I don't really like. This is something that bugs me a lot...The Capitol. But in the Career Districts the Capitol is a saint. Giving us a chance to prove our skill. Yeah in killing innocent kids. And I cannot stand their "May be the odds be ever in your favor". Let's say their a 12 year old tribute, saying the odds be ever in their favor knowing their not making it out of the arena...At least Alive.

The Person I hate the most is President Snow. He kept the hunger games going when he rose to power. He didn't think anything was wrong with sending 23 children to their death. And the one that did make it out alive would never be the same.

I'm 14 but turning 15 soon. Hopefully I could make it to my birthday. Yes I stop worrying about being reaped at 19 but I still wanna make it to my birthday.

I put on my academy uniform and some sneakers and slip out of the house. Although I have access to fish I skip breakfast. Once I get there, my friend Noelle's there. She's stronger than she looks and could probably kill tributes if she catches them off guard.

She sees me "Aquarius over here" she says. I walk over, there's a screen. On there is a girl who looks like she's about my age never mind a lot older. It takes me a minute but I realize it's Annie Cresta. She won the Hunger Games two years ago. On the screen toward the end we see the other tributes drowning leaving Annie the victor.

After watching I walk over to the station were the spears are. I grab the one with the pointy end and throw it. It's SO close to the target. 5 inches away. I try again 7 inches away from the target. And again 2 inches away from the target. Usually I could make these go straight into the target but today I'm a little off. Maybe it's because I'm worried about the games. I try my best to clear my mind. There it is. Straight to the target.

Noelle knows when I don't eat. Basically when I miss, She says I never miss. She brings me a bag and we go sit down by a nearby table. Inside the bag was a ham and cheese sandwich. "So are you excited for the reaping tomorrow?" She asked. "What's there to be excited about?" I ask. "Uh it's the reaping meaning two of us will get to go in the Hunger Games!" She says giddily. Yup she's been brainwashed.  "Yeah I almost forgot about that." The truth is no one can forget about the hunger games. A 17 year old girl from our district last year was brutally killed by the Victor, Johanna Mason. She pretended to be weak and I guess the Career pack decided to leave her for last because she'd be an easy kill. Or so they thought.

She threw her axe into the girl from my districts chest.

"Oh well I hope I get to go" Noelle says. I just smile and nod. I don't know why someone would want to fight to the death. 

Hello people! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know it's kinda long for the first chapter.

Edited - This was a very weird book I wrote in the sixth grade, you have been warned.