Chapter Three

Valia walks over to the bowl with all the names of the children here. Children. We're just children and we're forced to do this.

"Lady's first" She's says cheerfully. How can she be so cheerful? It takes about five seconds but she finally picks one and says....

"Aquarius Walker" Wait what? Me? I can't do this. Noelle smiles at me as if this was a huge achievement. "Where are you dear?" She says. I wait for some sixteen or seventeen year old to volunteer. Noelle and I are the same age and she was so eager to volunteer and basically go in the games, I was surprised she didn't. I walk towards the stage excepting that my fate was doomed.

When Valia sees  me she says "Ah there you are dear." I stood on the right side of her. I see my dad in the crowd...He looks so close to crying. To have a missing wife and a dead daughter would be too much for him. "And now for the boys" Valia starts, "Here we have....Opal Dawson." A boy that looks a little older than me with golden brown hair and Blue eyes strut towards the stage. "And here we have our tributes of the 72nd Hunger Games and May the odds be ever in your favor".

As we walk into town hall, Valia says "Well you two just look perfect!" What did she mean by we look perfect? Before I got to say it Opal beat me to it and said "What do you by perfect Valia?" "Well her eyes are a beautiful shade of grey mixed with blue and I can tell you have a since of humor and the Capitol never misses that stuff". I step into a room and the peacekeeper says I have 3 minutes. My father walks in. I've never seen him cry before. I mean when my mother went missing I knew he wanted too but he stayed strong. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you." He says. "It's not your fault Dad and how we're you suppose to protect me?" "I know we could get killed but you've could of ran away on reaping day and this would of never happened". I know he's trying to look out for me but that is a crazy idea. He kissed my cheek as the peacekeeper came back inside, he whispered "Take this" and I nodded back. I felt like I was crying a million tears but only shedded one.

When we get onto the train Opal says "Well I really hope district 4 has a Victor this year." I nod but I'm looking at the table. "Yeah my face would look pretty well on the victory tour poster." I honestly didn't care until he said "What will your father think? Losing a wife and a daughter, let's just hope while he's cleaning the floors at my house in victors village he won't remember who your killer was." He meant himself. He THOUGHT he was going to kill me in that arena.

"You know you've got a lot of mouth but I don't see how that's going to help you in the arena." He was shocked. I could tell, he thought that wouldn't come out of the "quiet kid" well I guess he was wrong.

I didn't say it but I reminded myself (In my head of course...)

He'll probably do something that'll kill him in that arena. If not you have plenty time to kill him yourself. Apart of that Career pack or not.

Ok...Who else is now scared of Aquarius???