two

CHAPTER 2

"There are way too many people in here!" I said to Kadence while trying to pass in between grinding teens.

"It's Dylan's party, what did you expect!" She answered, raising her voice over the deafening music.

I recognised familiar faces, most of which belonged to kids from school that I have seen around; but you could already tell a majority of the people that filled the house were college kids.

"What do you want to do?" She asked over the blaring music.

I shrugged.

"Emeline?" A voice said from behind me.

I turned to a familiar face with open arms waiting for a hug. I gladly gave him one.

"Hey Cole." I said, happy to see him, of course. He was the reason I knew that Dylan was cheating on me. If it wasn't for him I might have been completely oblivious to the whole situation.

He held me tight in the hug and then let go to greet Kadence.

"What are you guys doing here?!" He asked, amusement clearly in his voice.

"Long...crazy...story." I mumbled. He laughed.

"Dylan told me he was hoping you'd come." He said nonchalantly taking a sip from his drink. Joy.

Kadence looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Well I'm here so his hope can be gone now." I said with the same bored tone in my voice.

He nodded. I guess not knowing what else to say.

I stood there, just thinking and I didn't even notice when various amounts of people came to talk to us, meaning Kadence because I wasn't paying attention at all.

"...... and that's how I found out." Rebecca, a friend from school, finished saying. I decided not be rude so I chimed in.

"Found out what?" I asked in a monotone. Grabbing a chip and showering it with salsa then into my mouth.

I looked up at her waiting for her to reply. She bit her lip and inhaled unevenly.

"Uh, I had nothing to do with this okay Emeline?" What?

"Look okay..." Kadence bud in. "Stacy has been telling people that Dylan cheated on you."

What?!

As if reading my mind Kadence again spoke. I noticed Rebecca had left.

"She slept with Cole, and got it out from him."

There were so many things in my mind right now. Either I wanted to kill Cole for being manipulated or I wanted to strangle Stacy for being the jealous person she always had been.

I decided to go for step one because even though he helped me with my situation he was still friends with Dylan.

I left Kadence at the bar, her knowing exactly who I was looking for. I looked around everywhere trying to spot Cole when I found him sitting on a couch with Heather in his lap. I practically ran to him and when I got there, all eyes were on me except one pair of blue ones. I looked up to see him there, Stacy on his lap. They were talking and smiling while she was giggling when he put his hand on her thigh close to her sex instantly looked away.

That's when he looked up and noticed me. I wouldn't even call it that. His eyes landed on mine for a brief second and then turned away, as if I was some stranger in the street. And it hurt, when I was supposed to be the one to hurt him today, show him what he was missing.