Chapter 8

Dipper's POV

   How could Bill do this to me? I should have never trusted him. And I probably have a broken arm now thanks to him. I better follow them to the arcade. Who knows what he'll do. More like what I'll do. Me. A ghost! At least flying is faster than walking. There's the arcade. I see Mabel get out, then Bill-Dipper, Soos, and Wendy.

   I float into the arcade after them. Mabel drags Bill off to play a game of pac-man. Does he even know how to play that? Time to see. "Look Dipper! Pac-man. I own you at this game!" Mabel says excitedly. Bill studies the game.

   "Why don't we find out?" He smiles. Mabel puts in the money and begins. Bill watches the tiny yellow monster eat the dots. "So entertaining!" He said sarcastically.

   "Oh don't be such a sore loser already! I'd like to see you try." Mabel challenged. Bill looked uncertain.

   "Okay..." he took the joy stick and began. He seemed to be having difficulties. "What...? How does this even? I curse the minds behind this game!" Bill said dying yet again.

   "Heh, you're even worse than usual." Mabel laughed. Soos came over.

   "Cool pac-man!" He said.

.  "Sorry my friend but this game is not equipped for even the smartest of people." Bill said. Soos grabbed the joy stick and defeated the level. Bill just stared. "Oh I give up!" He threw his hands up. Surely Mabel will realize I'm not myself. I hope. She couldn't notice me, no one could really. Then I looked at myself. Bill seemed to notice me.

   "Hey dudes! Check it out. The inside of pac-man is complex." Soos said. He had opened to hatch on the side of the game. The door slid up and was held by a latch.

   "Cool let me see!" Mabel stuck her hand in. Bill looked at me, then Mabel. What was he playing at? Then he inched closer to the latch. Oh no. He was going to flip it and release the door!

   "No Bill don't!" I yelled flying forward. He smirked and flipped the latch. Bill then swooped Mabel's hand out the way as the door came down.

   "Careful sis! Keep your hand in tact." He said.

   "Thanks Dipper! That was close." Mabel replied. Bill smiled at me. When he turned away I flew over to him.

   "What do you think you're doing!?" I snapped.

   "Just messing with you Pinetree, relax!" Bill replied. I glared at him. "Who should I mess with next, huh kid?" Bill asked me looking at Soos and Wendy.

   "If you touch them..." I said.

   "It's not like you can do anything. I mean, i am you." Bill laughed and walked off.

   He was toying with me. We were all just puppets in his plans. I needed to stop this.