12. Jack & The Werewolf

2-Weeks-Later

It was near dark. The moon was just coming out and the sun was just going away. It's been two weeks since the girls found out Hiccup's secret. Jack's have been getting more and more active now that there's a wolf in town.

My fear of Hiccup getting caught is getting higher. Everyone was in the town square, getting ready for founders' day. The cheerleaders were making a float for the parade. From the shadows, I could see Jack with the mayor. I could hear what they were talking about. Something about Wolves. "I'm telling you," Jack started. "There are Wolves in town." He said.

The mayor looked at him. "Of course there are wolves! They are a Natural Mammal that lives here!" He replied.

"No, no, no!" Jack answered. "Like Werewolves! 

Again, the mayor shook his head. "Why would you think there are werewolves in town?"

"Because I came across one a week ago."

"And who might that be?" The Mayor asked.

"Hiccup Haddock!" Jack said.

Our mayor seemed to pause for a moment after hearing Hiccup's name. Looking around, he sighed before turning back to the young boy. "Nonsense. Hiccup Haddock died when My father was young. He was killed in a fire many years ago,"

Killed? In a fire?

"I'll prove that he's a werewolf. I can prove it if you don't believe me." He hissed then stormed off.

"He's still trying to prove I'm a Werewolf." Hiccup's voice caught me off guard as he approached me quietly. 

"You have got to stop that."

"Sorry. It's a habit."

Merida, Punz, and Anna came to us, just as Jack walked past. "Is he still on his back?" Anna asked. Yes. Anna knows. Hiccup said I could tell her. I told him, I couldn't keep this secret from Anna, as I promised her I'd never keep secrets from her ever in my life. Of course, Hiccup refused at first, but after some thought, he figured it was okay, considering Rapunzel and Merida have been helping him with our problem. 

"Yeah. He's trying to prove he's a Wolf." I replied to her, looking at Hiccup. "Hey, the mayor said something that caught my attention," I say to the russet haired boy beside me.

"Yeah? What's that?" Hiccup asked, scanning the area. 

"When he was talking to Jack, the mayor said you died when his dad was young. He said you were killed in a fire."

Hiccup paused for a moment, looking at me. Bringing up the fire seemed to confuse him. For once, I saw the pain in his eyes. He only nodded, slowly with a look in his eyes. "Yeah, I did."

"But you're still here." Anna implied quietly.

Hiccup sighed. "Because my father was human, I wasn't born a full werewolf. It was only half. As soon as half-werewolf is killed they become full." He said. "Getting killed in the fire only meant that I didn't have human blood running through my body,"

"That's awful," Anna answered him calmly.

"So, you died at the age of 17?" I ask. He only nodded. That must've been horrible. Dying at a young age like that. And in a fire too. As if he were reading someone's mind, Hiccup turned an looked at the float. "Hiccup! What's wrong?"

Before he responds to me, the float, which was on cement blocks, fell, falling on Rapunzel's current boyfriend, Eugene Fitzherbert. "Eugene!" Rapunzel suddenly squealed. I saw Kristoff Bjorgman, Anna's friend and some other men struggling to lift it. Hiccup went over to help. Quickly, lifting it with ease, Rapunzel dove for Eugene helping him out. "Oh my God! You're bleeding!"

Hiccup froze as soon as he set the float down. He forced himself to take a step back, but I could see he was fighting himself. "Rapunzel." I hiss.

She looked up. "What?!" I gesture to Hiccup, who stood there, deciding on whether to attack, Eugene or not.

"Take him out of his sight," Merida whispered to Raps. 

She lifted Eugene gently. "Let's go. Right now." She leads him away, turning her head to face us. "Sorry, Hiccup!" She mouthed, leaving with Eugene in tow.

As soon as Rap left, I went to Hiccup. "You okay?" I asked him, tapping his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't snap.

He shook his head snapping out of his trance. "I could've attacked him." He said.

"But you didn't." Anna implied.

Hiccup only sighed, running his hand through his messy hair. At that exact moment, the mayor came over to us. "Thank you, sir. Mr. Fitzherbert would've been crushed." The Mayor said. Hiccup only nodded. The mayor studied him for a moment. He examined him, before speaking up. "My god. You're Hiccup Haddock! Son of one of the founders of the town." Hiccup didn't reply. The mayor looked more closely. "That's impossible. Hiccup Haddock died in a fire in 1895." The mayor said, shocked.

Hiccup looked over for a moment as if he were thinking of a quick answer. "I'm his, Uh... Great-Nephew." He lied.

Good, save. "No, he's not!" Jack yelled from the distance. "He's lying!"

The mayor looked crossly to him. He then left Hiccup leaving us alone. I pull Hiccup to Jack who stood by a lemonade stand. "What is your problem?" I ask.

Jack rolled his eyes. "Him?"

"Why?" I ask. 

"His kind killed my parents," Jack answered.

Hiccup only looked at him before rolling his eyes. "My kind. Not me." Hiccup replied.

Jack shrugged madly, leaving. I watch him go to the mayor, who stood a good distance away, with two policemen. "What's his deal?" Hiccup asks when the little girl at the stand got our attention.

"Would you two like some lemonade?" She asked.

"Sure!" We both replied. She handed me a cup then made sure, she picked a certain cup for Hiccup.

He slowly took it, having his suspicions. I took a sip of it, as we stepped aside. It tasted a little funny, but overall, it was nice. Hiccup glanced at Jack as he took a small sip. He suddenly spits it out, dropping the cup. 

He started slowly collapsing to the ground, gasping for air with a hostile snarl. "Hiccup! Hiccup what's wrong?!"

"Wolfsbane..." he gasped.

"What?!" 

He coughed again. "There's... Wolfsbane in the... Drink."

"The lemon--" I look at the little girl. Jack's little sister. Of course. Humans can't smell or taste it. But for werewolves, its poison But why didn't he smell it? Jack, the mayor, and two other police officers came over.

He looked to Hiccup. the two men attempted to chain him, but he pulled away, with ease. He backed up. The men came at him with more Wolfsbane. He didn't even look scared. Without thinking, he shifted to a wolf, prepared to protect himself.