Melody

Pairing: Roman Sionis x reader

Warnings: Swearing, alcohol, fluff, mentions of murder, Roman being Roman (aka mentions of face skinning)

Note: This fic is based off a) an idea I had, b) Lindsey Stirling I guess, c) I guess somewhat The Umbrella Academy, d) I dunno I just liked the idea

Also this is probably horrible for my first Roman fic, but I think the more I write for him the more I'll improve :\

Prompt: "'Do You Trust Her?' 'No...but I trust her anger.'"

A sweet sound of a violin echoed through the Black Mask. It was different from Dinah's singing, this violin was rushed yet calmed. Roman sat proudly in his seat, Victor to his right and a glass of some alcohol in his hand. His eyes scanned the stage, smiling upon the sight of a woman playing her violin and dancing around.

The woman was his lover, his world, his girlfriend. She held the key to his heart and never let it out of her sight. Y/n L/n was her name. A violinist who accidentally stumbled into the Black Mask with blood all over her after escaping a situation that she could've gone to jail for. Roman took her under his wing and soon learned about her talents and murders. At first, he thought she'd be useful, but now, he wasn't sure if he could live without her.

Victor, on the other hand, would be more than happy to live without Y/n. He didn't like her. Not because she was, ya know, Roman's girlfriend, but because she looked suspicious and she often strayed away from him. To make things shorter, he would trust her more if she just tried to get along with him. But like siblings, they both refused to say more than a few nice things to one another without getting into a fight.

The song ended and no one clapped. Infuriated by that small detail, Roman got up and clapped as loud as he could, the other people following. Y/n smiled brightly and hopped off the stage and into Roman's arms. "Hello my love." He chuckled.

"Hello Rome!" She scanned the area around Roman, confused by the two men sitting opposite of Roman and Victor. Y/n sat on his lap once he sat down, wrapping her arms around his neck and cuddling into him. "What's going on?"

"Well, I'm talking to these men about business," he leaned closer to her ear, "but they aren't giving me what I want."

As usual, it triggered something in Y/n. Roman watched as her eyes lit with determination. She shifted on his lap and glared at the men in front of her. Why did they look so...relaxed? "Romey, I'll be right back, okay?"

He nodded and allowed her to get up and return to the stage. "Do you trust her?" Roman asked Victor in a whisper. His eyes remained on Y/n's figure.

The white haired man leaned his head next to Roman's and whispered back, "No...but I trust her anger." They watched as Y/n grabbed her violin and started a rough tune. The melody started to turn eerie and Victor turned to Roman. "I think we cover our ears now..."

"I believe you are correct." They looked at each other and clasped their hands over their ears, sliding off their seat and under the table. What was about to happen? Well you could tell something was happening by the way the men Roman complained about grabbed their heads and started screaming.

Many sharp notes played, quick and aggressive. Back on the stage, Y/n's eyes were closed and she twirled around, dancing to the deadly rhythm. The sound waves felt visible, those who saw them thinking they had gone bonkers. She finished off the song with a casual ending, then she smiled and walked back over to Roman's spot.

Roman and Victor got back up and sent Y/n kind and thankful smiles. She smiled back and sat right back down onto Roman's lap. His arms snaked around her waist.

"So, what do you boys think about giving my Roman here exactly what he asks of you?" She inquired the men, who were gasping for air and rubbing their heads. When no answer came, she kissed Roman's cheek and jumped up. "I said, what do you boys think about giving Roman what he wants?" The bow for her violin was now pointed at the pair.

"W-we'll give it to him! Please, just d-don't do that again!" One of the men whimpered. His partner stomped on his foot and shook his head. "What're you doing? We have to say yes o-or else she'll k-kill us man!"

"You're right. She will. That, or maybe I will. Hmm, babydoll, how much do you think their boss would appreciate their faces?"

"I dunno Romey. Should we find out?" She moved, again, and straddled his lap, pressing light kisses to his jaw.

"No! No! Please! Anything but that! We'll do whatever you want! Please!"

Y/n ignored them and kept her eyes on Roman. She took a second, looking into his eyes and then taking him by surprise by pressing a rough kiss to his lips. Their lips danced and her hands gripped his hair, his hands gripped her waist. Sadly, their need for air separated them after a minute or two. She slid her hands down to his jacket and clung to it, breathing heavily and still making intense eye contact with him.

"I love you Rome."

"I love you too Y/n/n. Now, what do you say you give them one more melody?"

She smiled and nodded, shoving her face to his a last time before sliding off his lap and getting back on the stage for the third time. She winked at Roman and played that cursed long note, striking fear into the businessmen's hearts. Roman winked back and covered his ears with Victor, sliding right back under the table as she started her final melody.