4

Harry had never felt more at home.

     That was probably why when he woke up with a crick in his neck and something digging into his back, arm, and side he panicked. The last few days he had found himself sleeping a tiny bit restlessly, so he had chosen to sleep in his basket instead of on one of the bed's pillows in an effort not to disturb the two or three hours of sleep that Silk did get, but now the comfortable routine had been broken. He was human again. Briefly he entertained the thought that maybe she would treat him like the Dursley's had- he had only ever been shown kindness as a cat, maybe they were right and there was something wrong with him? But none of the thoughts that swirled throughout his head in a mad rush managed to stick, instead only driving himself further into a panic.

He was pulled from his panicked, blank staring by a hand he hadn't noticed approaching until the limb absently patted his head. "You'll probably want to switch to a glass for your milk, its kinda tricky otherwise."

Harry relaxed, his previous nervousness thrown out the window, if anyone would realize that his form didn't really matter and he was still the same person it would be Silk, because quite frankly she didn't really care. It was probably a human thing he thought as he settled back down by Silk and she began to read aloud as he ate his breakfast- there was more than usual on the plate so she probably had noticed the change already and added more food now that he had more mass. That day continued as usual, Silk spending the entire morning reading, but that was fine since he had woken much later, before they headed out- although this time they made stops at the end of the day to ensure he had everything he would need as a human for both worlds.

He would admit it was fairly annoying to readjust to being human; his balance was all off and he had grown a fair amount in the time that he had spent as a cat. That wasn't even mentioning how Silk would have to cast spells so that no one would take note when he would sprout a tail whenever he began to loose his balance or other magical incidents while they were in the non magical world. She didn't mind though and said if it bugged him he only needed to practice to gain more control over how much or little his forms would merge.

     At the end of the day he hesitated where he would normally go to sleep unsure if he was still welcome to join her in the bed as he would now be taking up much more space and it was a very small bed, but he didn't want to give up being human just yet as she promised to help him improve his writing in the morning. But if not, where would he sleep? His internal debate ended when she shooed him off to get some sleep and he collapsed onto the bed asleep from the tiring day in seconds. When he awoke to her return he noticed it was something small and furry that joined him,  rather than a human, but in the pleasant haze of sleep he didn't notice much else besides that as they stretched out above his head against the headboard.

       As promised when he woke and finished breakfast there was a quill, pen, and pencil laying beside a blank notebook and roll of parchment. Dutifully he took his spot before it, carefully sitting on the floor cushion, and Silk began after placing a card so it floated before him in the air with all the letters on it.

       "Now obviously you can read, and probably you can write, the question is how neat your writing is. You need to be both quick and legible, and preferably able to write on less than ideal surfaces, but we need a baseline first. Each of your human tools has its challenges like the spine getting in the way of the notebook when writing on both sides or by the edge, and uneven lines with parchment. You will need to find ways to deal with those, but I'll do my best to help how I can. Let's start with the pencil and parchment see what you can do, then we'll switch to pen, then quill, okay? Good. I'm going to begin reading now, write everything I say, but if you want me to slow down or speed up that's fine."