𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀.

; 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡, 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙪𝙣.
——

The sweet scent of the candle burning beside the window ledge wafted through the room. She sat in screaming silence, and the only sound heard was raindrops trickling outside.

She tried to immerse herself into the book that was clutched in her hands, but to no avail. She kept thinking about him, and wondered what he was doing right now.

She wondered if he felt the same way about her, and pondered whether she had the same effect on him as he did on her.

She couldn't help but grin from ear to ear when she thought back to last night. They had coincidentally met at a bar, and spent hours chatting and catching up.
——
𝗹 𝗮 𝘀 𝘁 𝗻 𝗶 𝗴 𝗵 𝘁 ;

"We'll be back," Taylor's friends reassured her, "We're just gonna get a couple drinks, we'll get one for you."

Taylor nodded hesitantly, not really wanting to be alone at a dimly-lit bar which reeked of alcohol and where everyone couldn't even stand up straight.

She sat alone for a few minutes, getting out her phone to distract herself.

"Fancy seeing you here," a husky, familiar voice whispered in her ear, and although the place was lively and filled with noise, she could hear him speak coherently.

She turned around, feeling her gut churn when she realized who he was. The unfathomable man she met in the Met Gala. He was clad in a plain T-shirt and dark jeans, and his Nikes illuminated his figure.

"Oh, hi," Taylor mumbled, feeling her cheeks turn hot. He grinned, asking her if he could sit beside her, and she nodded.

"How are you? How's New York? Do you like it?" Taylor rambled continuously, trying to break the awkward tension between them.

"I'm great, it's great. You should visit London sometime," he grinned, making her stomach fill with butterflies, "I'll show you around, if you're considering visiting."

"I'd love that," she smiled, putting the strand of hair that fell out of her ponytail behind her ear.

They chatted continuously, as if they were old friends catching up, and there was no hint of awkwardness between the duo.

"So.. how's your boyfriend?" he inquired, suddenly regretting bringing up that subject as her smile suddenly faded, and her eyes didn't light up as bright anymore.

"I don't know," she mumbled truthfully, "I haven't seen him for weeks."

He nodded, not wanting to drag her along the topic anymore, as she didn't seem comfortable talking about it. However, he wondered. He wondered what he had done to her, and how he treated her to make her seem so.. sad.

He knew that if he had a chance, just a tiny glimmer of hope, he would be her boyfriend and he would treat her right, just like how she was supposed to be treated. But he knew that he didn't have a chance, because she was Taylor Swift and he was just some guy who had a crush on her.

His hand found its way under the table and he laced his fingers with hers, not really in his right mind at that moment. He was just doing what his heart was telling him to, and what he had wanted to do since the day he laid eyes on her.