𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀. 𝗜𝗜

; 𝙞 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧
𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨.
——

"Taylor?" he croaks, knocking softly on the hardwood door of the bathroom, his voice groggy and laced with sleep. He had been awoken by the sounds coming from the bathroom, but he didn't really mind. He had to be there for her during the stages of her pregnancy.

No response.

He glances at the clock on the nightstand. 3 a.m. He sighs, feeling sleep-deprived at the moment, but he couldn't go back to sleep without his pregnant fiancé right beside him.

He opens the door, the sight in front of him slightly breaking his heart. There she was, perched upon the marble-white tiles of the bathroom floor beside the toilet, her back slumped against the wall. Her complexion was pale, and a waterfall of tears were escaping her eyes. Upon seeing him, guilt immediately washed over her, knowing he had been awoken by the sounds of her throwing up.

She didn't say anything though, just continued sobbing.

He saunters over, positioning himself beside her, sitting closely. He wraps both of his arms around her shoulder, pulling her close to him for an embrace. She immediately obliges, burying her face on his chest, inhaling his scent deeply— her favorite smell.

No words exchanged, the only sounds echoing in the bathroom were her muffled sobs. Her shoulders ratcheted with every cry, as he stroked her hair, wishing it would calm her down.

He hated seeing her like this, vulnerable, in pain, and he would do anything in his power to help her get through it. He had to.

She clutches onto him, tugging at his shirt as she lets the tears fall freely onto his chest.

He hugs her tighter, leaning back against the wall himself, as he closed his eyes. He reminisces to the last time she had cried, when he had asked her to be his forever, and he hers. He remembers the moment distinctly, as if it was engraved onto his head. He remembers the way he had gazed into her beautiful blue gems disguised as eyes. How his heart was palpitating rapidly against his chest, and how his voice trembled as he had popped the question. She had said yes, softly but coherently, which caused him to jump happily, sliding the gorgeous diamond ring into her finger, pulling her in for a passionate kiss. At that time, she was just a month into her pregnancy, and he was sure that the baby inside her too, was cheering happily.

He snaps back into reality, realizes that her cries have subsided.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles into his chest after a few minutes, her voice slightly muffled.

He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head, not sure what she had meant by the apology.

"You shouldn't be," he tells her, his voice laced with truth and sincerity.

"I'm sorry," she reiterates despite his words, lifting up her face to look up at him, "I'm sorry I'm sick, I'm sorry I have to wake you up every night, I'm sorry I cry every time I throw up, it's just been.. hard lately, and I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to handle that."

"What are you talking about.." he exhales, running his hands through her golden curls, locking his eyes with her bloodshot ones, "You don't have to be sorry, baby. This is normal, and you don't need to apologize for that. If I was in your position, I couldn't even do it. You're so strong, Tay, and I really mean it. And I know this is hard for you, but I promise I'll always try to make it easier. I'll be here for you, always, no matter what. We can get through this together, because I love you, and the little one inside you."

She smiles softly, touched by his words. She looks down on the diamond ring encircled around her finger, a jewelry she had grown to cherish. It was perfectly crafted, not too ostentatious, but still beautiful. Joe notices her gazing at the ring he had gifted her, and grins.

"Do you like it?" he mumbles, pressing kisses onto her hair.

"I love it," she smiles, propelling herself off the ground, going over to the sink to brush her teeth, "and I love you."

"I'm glad," he says, walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist, standing there while she brushes her teeth.

They settle down on their king-sized bed a few moments later, his arm encircling around her figure as she cuddles into him.

"It's kicking," she admits, groaning with pain.

Joe sits up, bending himself downwards to face Taylor's stomach, receiving a confused look from her.

"Hey there, little baby. I know you really want to get out but please be patient, and please stop kicking so your mom can sleep peacefully, can you do that for me? Please?" he talks to her stomach, rubbing it gently.

He lays down again, grinning.

"It slowed down," she says, raising an eyebrow and pecking him on his lips, "Thank you."

"Anytime," he smiles, pressing a kiss on her hair before they drift into deep slumber.
—-

𝙖 / 𝙣 : 𝗵𝗶 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀! 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗶'𝗺 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹-𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱..! 𝗶'𝗺 𝗯𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘀, 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, [ 𝗶'𝗺 𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗱 ] 𝗵𝗛𝗔𝗛𝗔, 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿 - 𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗽𝗮𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲.. 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆!