𝖔. the world according to lucky

ZERO

ZERO.

That's how many people Lucky has loved in his life. He kept the number locked in his head ── a metronome dousing the flames of his rage, recited each time he felt himself deviating from his carefully grafted path. He's closed himself off from feeling anything but that dull buzz in the pit of his stomach ── Lucky tells himself that it's an unnecessary risk and an avoidable danger.

Zero friends means zero attachments and that means a zero percent chance of it developing into something more. At least that's what his plan was ── but it just so happens that none of his plans ever actually, go to plan. It was a rather exhausting reality, with Quidditch practice and juggling an underground smuggling business that conveniently go thrown into his lap ── Lucky is finding it hard to not only keep his rage from bubbling to the surface but also keeping zero at, well, zero.

Especially not when on his first day of fifth year, when he's trying to enjoy a quick cigarette before getting off the train, none other than Draco Malfoy appears in the doorway of his carriage and plucks the stick from his fingers.

"What the fuck are you doing!" Lucky could feel annoyance begin to creep up the nape of his neck and his ears flush as the shorter boy squinted at him knowingly. Lucky is well aware of how Draco can be and he refuses to acknowledge any hint of his little games before it ruins his perfectly sculpted plan. Lucky is the best ── he's always been the best and he is not going to stop for some spoilt rich boy.

"And what is this? Trying to kill yourself again Ingham?" Lucky knew what he was doing, and Draco knew that he knew ── the blond boy's lips quirked upwards in a smug smirk.

"A cigarette." Lucky straightened his posture as Draco began to wave it around it the air, a furrow now present in his brows as he looked at the stick of smoke.

"I've heard of these before, sounds like a load of bollocks to me," the cigarette was unceremoniously flung back into his face as Draco began to leave the carriage. "See you on the pitch Ingham ── try not to break anyone's face this year.

Oh how Lucky wished he could break his face. He could feel himself beginning to simmer, anger coursing through his heated veins - crescent nails dug into his palms and all he wished was for them to draw blood so he could calm down.

"You know if the wind changes direction your face will stay like that," an unfamiliar face appeared behind him. Turning around to harden his glare, Lucky saw a scrawny third year slouching against the doorframe, pupils blown wide as he looked at him with hooded eyes.

"And why should I care about that?" The venom behind Lucky's words were prominent and he couldn't tell if the kid was just high out of his mind or simply insane.

"Because you have a nice face ── wouldn't want to ruin it," he drawled out with a lazy smile on his pink lips. "The names Aidan Charluson, third year and you're Lucky Ingham if I remember correctly ── family disappointment and Slytherin beater. Interesting mix."

A familiar sting threatened his sculpted facade as he registered the boys' words ── suck it up, his uncle always tells him ── 'suck it up and stop being a pussy' (mind you he was always out of his mind drunk but his words still rung true.) "A Slytherin beater that'll leave you battered in that corridor in a minute if you don't shut your face." It was violent and it was impulsive but his words must've sounded genuine enough as Aidan's lax demeanour hardened slightly at his words. It's better to seem untouchable than humorous ── Lucky learnt to leave as little humour in his threats as possible ── for then they seemed real.

Lucky watched keenly as he saw Aidan's eyes drift down to beside his feet at the barely lit cigarette ── "You smoke?" He didn't need an answer for he quickly pulled out a small tin and peeled open the lid to showcase over a dozen of the small sticks. "Want one tall, dark and handsome? These are the muggle kind ── got them from my dad."

Aidan must've seen the slight scrunch of his face at the mention of muggles for he quickly staggered to make an excuse, "Not that I'm a muggleborn, I'm a Halfblood── it's just my dad─ "

"Is a muggle."

"Well, yes."

Rolling his eyes at the boy, Lucky relinquished his pride and grabbed one from the tin. Elated, Aidan hooked their arms and began to drag him out of the carriage. "Now my friend, I have a proposition for you."

FROM LILLA my oh my how i do love my children

FROM LILLA my oh my how i do love my children. this is a little bit all over the place but... enjoy? more of our faves will be introduced next chapter aswell as our favourite forgotten child, monty.