01

It's been 4 years since everything went down and everyone seemed to be at peace. Toni came downstairs hearing beatboxing and her daughter's voice. She held in her laughter quietly walking into the living room.

"The name is Kreezy, rapping is easy, y'all smell greasy, you can never be me-"

"I leave you two alone for 10 minutes and this is what you're doing?" She asked interrupting the 4 year-old and Kenny.

"Baby we got a little Roxanne Shanté on our hands." Kenny said.

Toni frowned, "A who?"

"I forgot...you're practically a child." He mumbled before she hit him with a pillow. He chuckled trying to block it, "I'm just kidding baby."

"You're suppose to be helping her practice her speech for Saturday."

"She knows it." He said looking at their daughter, "Kree, say your pageant speech."

Toni sat down as she stood up straight.

"My name is Kree, I'm 4 years old and I love riding my bike and making songs with my daddy. When I grow up I want to be a teacher."

"See?" Kenny said.

Toni looked at her child, "Mhmm, keep practicing. I know your daddy was feeding you the words." She said making Kree's eyes widen as Kenny's jaw dropped.

The door opened and in walked 15 year-old Niko. He was heading for the stairs trying to avoid everyone.

 He was heading for the stairs trying to avoid everyone

"Hey Niko." Toni said.

"Hey." He mumbled walking up the steps.

"Wait come here, how was your day?" She asked making him let out a breath as he came back down.

"The same as it always is." He said.

"Niko." Kenny said in a warning tone.

"I hate that school. It's so boring. The only thing I like is hanging out with the guys afterwards."

"Well at least you have friends." Toni said.

"Mommy is there gonna be a lot of people at the pageant?" Kree asked looking at her dress that Toni had just brought home from the dry cleaners.

Toni shook her head, "No sweetie, just a few..."

"Thousand." Niko said with smirk.

Kree's eyes got big, "Thousand?! No, I can't do it."

"Your brother was just kidding sweetie." Kenny said trying to calm
his little drama queen. He glared at Niko, "Go do your homework."

Niko huffed going upstairs to his room.

"It won't be that many people. You don't have to be nervous." Toni said to Kree.

She nodded, "Okay."

"Kree, do you think you'll be fine right here while daddy talks to mommy upstairs?" Kenny asked gripping Toni's waist.

"What are you gonna talk about?" Kree asked.

Toni looked at him, "Yeah Ken, what are we going to talk about?" She asked innocently.

"Umm...grown up stuff." He said.

"Can I have a snack?" Kree asked before she agreed to this negotiation.

"You can have whatever you want as long as you stay down here and watch cartoons." Kenny said.

"Yay!" She cheered going in the kitchen.

Toni turned to Kenny, "You're so nasty."

"I can get nastier." He mumbled kissing her neck as she let out a giggle.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Sabrina sat in her cell writing as her cell mate Abby came in.

"What are you doing?" Abby asked her.

"Writing another letter to my son. What's up?" She said. She and Niko had been writing to each other for the past 6 months. Kenny knew nothing about it.

"I'm getting out soon and I wanted you to be the first to know. You're my only friend in here so..." Abby said.

Sabrina looked at her, "I thought you had 7 years?"

"I'm getting out on good behavior."

"They have that?"

Abby nodded, "Yeah, the warden was handing out pardons to the ones with good behavior and weren't in for super bad crimes. I'm only in for selling drugs."

"Oh. So, when are you getting out?" Sabrina asked intrigued.

"Tomorrow."

She smiled, "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks girl."

•••••••••••••••••••••••

The inmates sat in the recreation room watching TV. One of the prison guards came in with a clipboard, "Okay, I need the following people to line up right here; Bowman, Carter, Davis, Edwards, Johnson, Lewis, and Matsson." He said before looking up at them, "You're going home."

Sabrina got up hearing Abby's last name. Luckily the prison guard escorting them out was new so he didn't know who was who. On top of that, Sabrina kept a low profile here so many didn't even know her. She grabbed her belongings and left behind the other women.

She thanked God that she and Abby looked alike, that was part of the reason they were friends. They constantly joked about telling people they were related. Sabrina was actually starting to wonder if they truly were. That's why she simply knocked Abby out and stuffed her in the supply closet. She couldn't kill her possible relative.

After signing Abigail Matsson on the release papers. She handed them back to the female officer at the front desk.

"Enjoy your freedom, don't come back." The officer said.

Sabrina smiled, "Trust me, I won't."