Chapter Five

Ted and Travis made their way back up the stairs once Ted determined that Cooper could be left alone and wouldn't kill himself while he was sleeping. Once on the first door, Ted closed the basement door, and turned to Travis.

"Breakfast sound good now?" Travis nodded as he folded his arms around himself. Ted smiled and they started towards the kitchen, "Good, I'm starving."

Entering the kitchen, the two of them were immediately greeted with not only the faces of Nick and Noah, but nine other people, who were all sitting or standing around the large dining table. No one's focus was on them as they entered the room, instead it was on their breakfast or conversations. That was until Carson looked away from Josh, a smile painted on his face that only seemed to grow when he saw the two of them.

"Morning guys!" And with that everyone's eyes turned to look at them. Travis felt himself pull his arms even closer to his chest as he felt his heart start to beat faster. A few of the eyes seemed friendly, like Carson and Noah's, but there others that were filled with distrust, like Josh and an unfamiliar face that belonged to a young looking brown haired man, whose eyes were filled with what Travis could only describe as fear, "Nick said you didn't eat yet, so we made sure to save you some."

Ted nodded in thanks and grabbed two plates from the cabinet, handing one to Travis. Ted took notice of Travis' panicked expression. He gave him a reassuring smile before whispering, "Hey, it's okay, just get some food, ignore them."

Easier said than done...

Travis took the plate from Ted's hand, muttering a quiet thanks. He glanced at the table, seeing all nine pairs of eyes still staring at him. He followed close behind Ted, who grabbed two pancakes off the stove-top and a good amount of the scramble. He made way for Travis to grab some as well, who grabbed two pancakes as well and the remaining scramble.

When Carson saw that they had their plates, he waved them over, "Take a seat! Proper introductions are due!"

Travis tried to steady his breath as he walked over to the table and took a seat besides Noah, who gave him a kind smile, "How's Cooper doing?"

"He's good... as good as you can be at least..." He muttered back, Noah nodding in understanding.

Turning away from Noah and back to the rest of the table, he was once again met with everyone's eyes on him. It felt less like sitting at a breakfast table, and more like a high school cafeteria, and Travis hated it.

Ted started to eat his food, but Travis' stomach was filled with so much anxiety that he felt sick. The kitchen was silent, and it was broken when someone who Travis hadn't met spoke, "Who the fuck is this?!"

Travis flinched at the harsh tone, and Carson scowled at the man, "Calm down Mason. Jesus Christ, Noah and the others found him and his friend-"

"There's a fucking another one?!"

Noah shot a glare at 'Mason', "Shut the fuck up Mason."

Mason snapped to Noah, "Why should I Noah?! Don't you think that this is something that everyone in this house should have known about?!"

Connor sighed as he piped up, "Mason we got here at like two in the morning, we weren't going to wake up the whole house-"

"And so you thought it would be the best option to just spring it on us at breakfast?!"

The table fell into silence again, this time it felt like a ticking time bomb was about to go off. Travis wanted to sink into the floor, and disappear. A few seconds passed before another person spoke up, and Travis wondered when this would all end.